Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

I'm a wreck today; guess I'll go for a ride

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-07, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

With apologies to Gary Larsen, we just dropped our baby off at the vet to get tutored.
Nothing to do now but wait until they call us around noon to tell us how it went.
I am just a big ol' bundle of nerves.
Supposed to be a chance of rain today -and it does look pretty gloomy out there- but I'm getting pretty used to riding in the wet stuff. Guess I'll burn off some energy on the bike.

I sure hope she's OK, nothing can happen to that dog
Old 11-19-07, 11:54 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a Yellow Lab named Daisy who was a puppy until she was 4 years old. I've had several dogs but she's the best I've ever owned - quite a personality and demanding, but she will sell her soul to play with a Frisbee and she loves the kids.

Your pup will be fine!

Get out and ride - the commute this morning was soaking wet due to humidity in KC. I just slowed down and took it easy. It was still much nicer than driving the internal combustion contraption.
Old 11-19-07, 04:19 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK, she's fine. They're awfully good at this by now, I guess; she went under around 9 and we got the call at 10 that she was done, out, awake, and doing fine. That's a relief.

Meanwhile I got a good 15 miles in, including a nice mile and a half uphill I had never done before.
Had a much longer stretch of double digit % grade than I might like but since I started it...

I'm getting pretty good at this rain thing, too... they lied again and I got caught in it.
A light rain but steady nonetheless. It's actually pretty refreshing.
Old 11-19-07, 04:27 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You parents are all the same..............glad your pup is fine. My best dog of all time was a lab/springer mix, dug holes in the backyard like a backhoe.....and just before being put down at 16, helped me make cupcakes for the kids. She licked the spoon. Wishing you many happy years together-- as well as happy double digit climbs.
Old 11-19-07, 07:41 PM
Wheres my snuggie?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by SaiKaiTai
With apologies to Gary Larsen, we just dropped our baby off at the vet to get tutored.
Nothing to do now but wait until they call us around noon to tell us how it went.
I am just a big ol' bundle of nerves.

I sure hope she's OK, nothing can happen to that dog
Hey, just pm'd you on the music stuff, but just read this and had to tell you a little sad Story. When I was 6, mom and dad bought me a puppy. They let me name it and I called her "Daisy" ! The second day I had it I threw a ball and it went out in the street....Daisy went to heaven and I had a complete breakdown as much as a 6 year old can. I'm still at 53 beat up over it. I hope your Daisy lives a long time.
later, Pete
Old 11-19-07, 11:31 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by taxi777
Hey, just pm'd you on the music stuff, but just read this and had to tell you a little sad Story. When I was 6, mom and dad bought me a puppy. They let me name it and I called her "Daisy" ! The second day I had it I threw a ball and it went out in the street....Daisy went to heaven and I had a complete breakdown as much as a 6 year old can. I'm still at 53 beat up over it. I hope your Daisy lives a long time.
later, Pete
Yeah, that's pretty tough... it's amazing how they can just take us over in so short a time.
And you live with the ramifications for so long. I know I do, anyway.

I got my first dog -OK, not my first; my first was a beagle my dad brought home when I was 8 or 9- when my brother in law and I went camping up in Mendocino County along the Navarro River. I was 24. We saw a sign that said "Free Puppies"... some beautiful Shepherd/Huskies. We each picked one out -on a whim, really- and brought them home. They puked all over themselves and each other all the way home. Joy. I named mine Aja and he named his Maria (as in "Mar-eye-ya", nor "Mar-ee-ya)". Very shortly after we got them home, Maria ran out the their front door into the street with the imaginable consequences. Aja made it to 13 1/2 years. I've always had a little hollow spot for Aja's sister that never got a fair chance. Now, my brother in law is gone, too. Now, I'm really bummed