Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost drove to work today

Itís been a good month. The last time I pumped gas into my Tacoma was sometime
    in October @$2.89/Gal. I had the snow tires put on and the oil changed in mid November
    At the same time we did my wifeís Camry. I try to change the oil on our vehicles
    every 3000 miles and I just turned the 3000 mile mark on the pickup as I drove it
    into the lot at the shop. Thatís only 3000 miles since April. I guess the point Iím driving at here
    is I donít drive all that much anymore. Iíve managed to ride the Trek into work
    every day this month, so far. Well this morning I overslept by about ten minutes. Iím
    amazed I didnít sleep longer but thatís a whole other long boring story. My first sense
    was one of guilt for needing to drive to work instead of pedaling in, but the more I
    though about it while stumbling around in the dark trying to get dressed without
    waking up the bride, the more resolved I became to taking the Trek anyway. The
    Tacoma is way back in the driveway behind the Camry and the old Caprice that my
    daughter is using for a couple of days. I guess you know youíre hooked on commuting
    when it seems easier to bike five and a half miles than it is to move two cars out of the
    way and then put them back again. Anyway, I rode the Trek, arrived at work on time and
    had a most pleasant ride in. It was almost 40 degrees F with little to no wind. The roads
    were wet but the rain had temporarily stopped and didnít restart until I was snuggly at
    work. I think I saw two cars on the way in. Now, if I can just make it through DecemberÖ.

My Bikes
    Europa, Hillbrick, Road Chief, Repco Superlite (Ol' Rusty)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One trip at a time eh?

Richard
    I had a good bike ... so I FIXED it

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So everything goes wrong- All the others have their cars parked in the wrong place- and you accomodate them.

Haven't you ever watched Grumpy old men?

Get them out of bed and moan at them all the time.

Mind you- I suppose its all your fault for getting up late.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post

Mind you- I suppose its all your fault ...... .
    Well of course. It's always my fault because I'm a man!!!!
    Last edited by cranky old dude; 11-26-07 at 02:38 PM.