Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today it's well below freezing, the wind is gusting up to 25 MPH, and its snowing.

Winter - Bah! Humbug!

The good news (at least what I tell myself every morning) is that the Winter Solstice is only a few weeks away, and then daylight, wonderful, necessary daylight grow longer and longer.
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BSLeVan View Post
    Today it's well below freezing, the wind is gusting up to 25 MPH, and its snowing.

Winter - Bah! Humbug!

The good news (at least what I tell myself every morning) is that the Winter Solstice is only a few weeks away, and then daylight, wonderful, necessary daylight grow longer and longer.
    About the same here. It's 26F with 24 MPH winds but it has quit snowing

This was the first snow of the season for us. I was in the middle of a miles long traffic jam this morning when the announcement was made that work would be on a two hour delay I've never understood why people forget how to drive in bad weather during the first snowfall of the season.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, life is tough for you northerners. Rode yesterday and set a new PR on a 17-mile ride I use for a standard (53:39, pace of 18.95 mph (darn it! can I call that 19 mph?)) in beautiful 68 degree weather. And the Buckeyes are gonna whup up on the boys from the Superhuman Extraterrestrial Conference. Sending out a big O - H to all the Buckeyes out there.

KE, The Ohio State University, Law '82

By the way, the jersey in the picture to the left is the OSU cycling team jersey. Support the college cycling team of your choice by buying their team jersey, not one of those crummy Adreneline Promotions jerseys.
    Last edited by Kurt Erlenbach; 12-05-07 at 05:04 PM.

My Bikes
    80's Schwinn Sierra MTB* 07 Jamis Ventura Comp* 09 Fuji Nevada 3.0 MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like Kens picture here to, except the sequence was switched first it rained, then it did the freezing rain then it snowed on top of that. then we got the woinderful lake effect snow last night, it made driving back from Chicago dicey. So I am making real concessions to the weather this year, new fenders on the ATB and Gators for my shoes, seemed t work pretty good tonight but I really do wish they'd plow things down a bit just to flatten the ice so its not so bumpy. I bought the last bucket of ice melter from Sam's club this afternoon made a bunch of slower geezers mad!

My Bikes
    Stevens Strada 600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday's high -4C, low -18C sunrise 7:26 sunset 16:20. Fast approaching the shortest day of the year. On the plus side we don't get earthquakes, hurricanes or tornados.

Weather is here, wish you were beautiful.

My Bikes
    Serotta Fierte IT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like another lousy day tomorrow in West Central Florida. Low of 62 and high of 82 with light winds and sunshine. Must make sure I get my ride in early to avoid the heat.

Come July we will pay for this pleasure with high humidity and heat.

Mark

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FL_MarkD View Post
    Looks like another lousy day tomorrow in West Central Florida. Low of 62 and high of 82 with light winds and sunshine. Must make sure I get my ride in early to avoid the heat.

Come July we will pay for this pleasure with high humidity and heat.

Mark
    You don't have to shovel high humidity and heat do you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12