Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingPedals View Post
    "We???" Are you on the team?
    Of course. I'm a fan. A vital part of any team.

Back on topic, the fastest colors are red and black.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Terraferma 650b, Mondonico SL and ELOS, Masi Gran Criterium, Trek 610, Breezer Liberty, Georgena Terry Classic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fastest color would be the one that's most aero AND most aggro.

Roado Fano

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrierman View Post
    When I google "Sage Green and Cream" I get a rug, a christmas tree and some hand cream. I guess that puts me out of the running for fastest color scheme on a bike huh.
    I personally like the sage green and cream color scheme. I just redecorated a bathroom in those colors. Would you like to send me your bike to display there
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle colors should match the tradirional F1 national colors, before everything went to hell in 1968 or so. British Racing Green for British vehicles, silver for German, blue for French, red for Italian, white and blue for American, and white and red for Japanese. The perfornance of a vehicle is best when it has the appropriate national color. In the event of a car, it also sounds better.

Paul
    (owner of silver German bike and silver German car)

"older than dirt"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bianchi's Celeste green is by far the most adorable, but the fastest would go to black with a hint of deep purple at the curves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cccorlew View Post
    Red. Clearly red. Even though I have a black bike, I know red is fastest.
    I can close the case in two words: Ferrari Red.

I agree with this.

I know because I bought a pair of ferrari red Vittoria shoes and after my feet slipped out of them, while they were still clipped to the pedals, the bike really started hammering then.

crazy, man
    ~ "I like the way the brake cables come out of the top of the levers and loop around to the brake calipers!...I like those downtube shifters too!...No no no, don't take 'em off, don't take 'em off,...leave 'em on, leave 'em on! - Thats right baby!!

~BF - Steel Club Member #00051

My Bikes
    Merlin Extralight Topolino Wheels Campy Record
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rideon7 View Post
    Hmmm, and how many internet hits do you get for "Titanium rocket" if you do a search?

There are assertions and then there are supported assertions.
    Internet hits, do not, an assertion make true! Moreover RED is a color that has been associated with bad men, and bad movies. Mao's Little Red Book,and Warren Beatty's "Reds". Therefore, even if red is a faster color, it is inherently tainted (or would that be tinted).

Oaky I will confess that did own a red Cannondale CAAD 6 a few years ago and it was fast. But I have seen the light (or absence of light - whatever) and moved up to titanium.

My Bikes
    1971 Suzuki TS125/ factory race kit/AHRMA-legal; 1969 Suzuki TS250/factory race kit; 1967 Suzuki K-15 Hillbilly Trail 80; 1977 Yamaha IT175; 1964 VanTech Scrambler racing frame
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BLUE is hands-down the fastest. This was established some time ago on the MTB forum; nothing has changed since then.

Elmira>Taiwan>Elmira flatlander_48's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2005 Ritchey BreakAway (full Chorus 11), 2001 Gary Fisher Tassajara mountain bike (sold), 2004 Giant TRC 2 road bike (sold)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rideon7 View Post
    This question might seem trivial, or even silly, but in the spirit of inspired independent research (and since I just acquired a red bike and have some time on my hands), I would like to assert that RED is the fastest color and the best color for a bike if one wants to go fast. My support:

It is widely reported that RED cars receive the greatest number of speeding tickets. Ergo, there is something about the color that increases one's speed. See: http://www.colormatters.com/BBArchiv...nchor-Do-23240

An internet search for the terms "red rocket" returns 60,200 hits, compared to 57,500 for blue; 24,500 for yellow; and just 24,000 for white [sorry, D.G., and I'm not going to include the number of hits for "black rocket" because it doesn't support my argument].

The color red produces less thermal energy than other colors. Since cycling is all about efficient use of energy, this means that red wastes less energy, thermally speaking, resulting in greater energy channeled into speed [disclaimer: I am not a real scientist]. See: http://www.colormatters.com/colorheat.html

Finally, Red is the "most emotionally intense color [and] stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing." [source: http://www.infoplease.com/spot/colors1.html] In other words, red increases conditioning!

As a footnote, blue is the most "unpalatable" color, so if you want to lose weight, dye your food blue and put a blue lightbulb in your refrigerator.

Go with RED, it's the color to have if you want to ride FAST!
    Actually I'm sort of partial to Invisilonium, but it's darned hard to find and you don't see it much these days...
    2005 Ritchey BreakAway (steel)
    Full Campagnolo double compact drivetrain - Chorus 11sp
    (50, 34 & 12-29)
    Proton wheels
    Cateye CC-TR300TW V3
    Ritchey fork, stem, headset, bars and seatpost
    Fizik Gobi saddle and bar tape
    BeBop Pedals

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123