Wine Country, 1 hour north of San Francisco
    My Bikes
    Specialized Ruby
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rainy day project

Got the Topeak MTX Trunk Bag EX with the expandable panniers weeks ago, and today finally put it on. To use this bag, you need the rack that goes with it. Not a problem in my case since I didn't already have one. Looked simple to do, but it was a bugger to get the rack on. Very roomy, but compact. It slides off the rack, if desired, and has a shoulder strap to lug it around if you lock up your bike and have valuables you want to keep with you. The test will be quick trips to the store and farmers market! I'll give a full report when I know if it works as well as it promises.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Bikes
    Specialized Ruby
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you can see, I'm turning my 7.2 FX into my kicking around town bike. I'm still looking to get a road (not racing) bike next year. Maybe for my birthday.

As part of my quest to find a bike worthy of absolutely, positively falling in love with: Next Saturday, I'm going to take a field trip to Rivendell (I'm in the SF Northbay, Rivendell is in the SF Eastbay). Will I find true love there? I kind of like the look of this butterscotch beauty:

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a pretty bike! With a name like "Saluki" it should be fast, too.

Where is Rivendell? I've never been to a bike factory before...might be fun.

Good luck and of course, keep us posted.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

My Bikes
    Specialized Ruby
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Red,

Rivendell is in Walnut Creek. They sound very different from the typical bike shop. I probably fit right in with their target demographic, so I'm hoping they can recommend a bike that fits my 50+ bod and sensibilities. But we'll see...

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TruF View Post
    As you can see, I'm turning my 7.2 FX into my kicking around town bike. I'm still looking to get a road (not racing) bike next year. Maybe for my birthday.

As part of my quest to find a bike worthy of absolutely, positively falling in love with: Next Saturday, I'm going to take a field trip to Rivendell (I'm in the SF Northbay, Rivendell is in the SF Eastbay). Will I find true love there? I kind of like the look of this butterscotch beauty:
    If the Saluki fits your budget, I suggest you go ahead and make room for it in your home,

If not, the Bleriot could be a good choice.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That bag looks like it could carry quite a bit. Nice options on whether you want to fold out the panniers to carry enough for a tour.

Have fun at Rivendell. Sounds like a nice place to spend a few hours on a weekend.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    What a pretty bike! With a name like "Saluki" it should be fast, too...
    But it's hairy in the turns.

My Bikes
    Specialized Ruby
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artkansas View Post
    Har-har!

My Bikes
    Specialized Ruby
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    If the Saluki fits your budget, I suggest you go ahead and make room for it in your home,

If not, the Bleriot could be a good choice.
    Mmmmm. Like the price (compared to the Saluki) and love that minty blue with the silver. Mike from Rivendell responded to an email I sent asking about a visit this Saturday. He confirmed that they are open and that they have LOTS of bikes to look at. I feel as excited as if I were going to to pick out a puppy!! (Gosh. What's that comparison all about? Am I mad, or does that sound normal for this forum?)

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artkansas View Post
    A cromulent observation.

Your comment has hounded me all evening.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.