User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Bikes
    Too Numerous (not)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quit talking so fondly about retirement. I'm tired of hearing about it. I'm sure it must actually suck big time. I'm positive there are major problems. You are all lying. It's a plot. You're just saying all this stuff to sucker more people into retirement. It's the end of life. It's horrible, I'm certain of it. There can't be any redeeming qualities. It must be just a big club of losers looking for company. There's no way this is going to work out. How can you go off and leave me here still working. What am I going to do now. Wait, don't leave me here.

I'm getting lonely ;-|
    David Green, Naperville, IL USA "The older I get, the better I used to be" --Lee Trevino

My Bikes
    Rans V2-Catrike Expedition
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations, I retired last December after 42 years of Government service, 21 years USN and 21 Years State law enfocement. Now I can't figure out how I ever had time to go to work before, ENJOY

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbg View Post
    You're just saying all this stuff to sucker more people into retirement. It's the end of life. It's horrible, I'm certain of it.
    You can always trot out the urban legend that people die within 1-2 years of retiring.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Dark Side. Three years plus for me. Everything is perfect.
    Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quit talking so fondly about retirement. I'm tired of hearing about it. I'm sure it must actually suck big time. I'm positive there are major problems. You are all lying. It's a plot. You're just saying all this stuff to sucker more people into retirement. It's the end of life. It's horrible, I'm certain of it. There can't be any redeeming qualities. It must be just a big club of losers looking for company. There's no way this is going to work out. How can you go off and leave me here still working. What am I going to do now. Wait, don't leave me here.

I'm getting lonely ;-|
    Don't worry, dbg. I'll be here working for another year.....maybe
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    EZ Sport AX- Specialized Expedition Plus eight others for wife and others that come down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need any pointers I have been retired seven years.I ride every morning and play with a rocknroll band all night when we can find a gig. It was hard but it took me about 24 hours to get use to not going to work.
    Just enjoy it and stay off the couch.
    Wink

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    You can always trot out the urban legend that people die within 1-2 years of retiring.
    OMG, I must be dead!
    Dennis T

My Bikes
    Trek 1220, Bike Friday NWT, Vision Recumbent, Schwinn Sierra commuting bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations VeloDog, I have 26 days until my retirement day, Dec 31, I can't wait to join the club.
    M.

My Bikes
    Litespeed Blueridge
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the ranks of the "retired". Guaranteed you will be so busy you won't know what to do. Just make sure that you schedule lots of rides and do "what you want to do". My husband only knows of a couple of guys that couldn't handle being retired. Guess they just couldn't take the "I'm not important anymore, I'm just a regular guy". They got part time jobs, to each his own.

My Bikes
    Cannondale R600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with dbg - very jealous!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bailed the corporate rat race at age 56, started my own biz at home. Best thing I ever did.

I tell people I used to be retired when I worked at the company. Now I'm un-retired and going as hard as I can go, lovin every minute of life.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting lonely ;-|
    I'm still in there with you, dgb. But I'm into my 5 year plan. After that, you're on your own.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm getting lonely ;-|
    That's ok DBG.....We'll keep paying into Social Security so all the others can go play.

My Bikes
    Schwinn, Kestrel, Guerciotti, Ross ,50th anniv. Paramount ( 2 )
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RETIRE, ? you bet, you will love it !

I retired a year ago Oct. 1, my employer said he was jelious when i told him , he showed it a few months later by dieing ! This is the next best thing to being young and at full throttle,(maybe better) my bike stable is growing, i am having a great time and driving the kids and grand kids crazy in process . still cant get in enough rideing time, but i am working on that !

My Bikes
    Schwinn, Kestrel, Guerciotti, Ross ,50th anniv. Paramount ( 2 )
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey MaddMaxx, if you try this you are gonna find out the same thing did....yah whooooooo !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12