Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Anybody tried this?

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Anybody tried this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-07, 10:01 PM

Bikes: 80's Schwinn Sierra MTB* 07 Jamis Ventura Comp* 09 Fuji Nevada 3.0 MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anybody tried this?

I was in the new REI over in Schaumberg Il. Tuesday spending money I ain't got! and while talking to one of the children working there he suggested a pair of snow sport pants with a wind proof front and breatheable backside for winter riding. Seemed really thin and rather stiff, but I haven't done much of any winter sports in years and don't really know if these things actually work well. The insulated ski pants I use on cold days now don't breathe at all and with the way I sweat it literally runs out of them when I get done riding But they are warm and warm is good, lately its really really good to be warm
Old 12-07-07, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
I have a pair of winter tights that are fleece with nylon wind proof fronts that work extremely well. They are cycling specific but I've XC skied in them too. I love 'em.

Yeah, the kids working in these places make me feel really old. I've got grandchildren older than some of them.