User Tag List

My Bikes
    2010 Allegra 2X
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cortisone injections in my neck

Thanks to a motorcycle accident many year ago, I have disk problems in my neck. And the chin up position does not feel so good here lately.

The doctor has suggested to take it easy. Perhaps a good time to go "BENT"

OK guys, can to post links to recumbent bikes, one you have ridden and know about?

Thanks

Getting old is not for cowards.
    2010 Jamis Allegra 2X
    God loves you, and God loves me, Even if I do cause his over time!

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been sitting in the RANS comfy chair for 21 months/4300 miles. Upright riding is limited to tandem time with my wife/stoker and occasional short rides on my singlespeed Cannondale. When I get to a stop light, I put both feet on the ground and relax. Forward vision is astounding - sit in the seat and look ahead - not down at the road in front of the bike. Check out Bentrider Online for links to all things 'bent and 'bent-specific message board. Don't forget the Recumbent board here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the good news is you can get faster. buy a swb hi racer or a low racer. once you build your bent legs you won't believe the speed and comfort. There a lot's of good go fast bents. I have a similar problem from an old car crash. I have a hiracer and will never go back to df road bike.
    Try every recumbent you can road test them all as much as you can, one will feel right, buy it and don't look back.

Joe

My Bikes
    Too Numerous (not)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back problems led me to get bent. But I also have neck issues from a nasty car accident that may flare up someday. I'm back on a regular bike now but figure I'll keep the bent around just in case. I don't prefer the bent for a few reasons (can't bang over a curb, yo-yo effect with group of regular bikes, start-stop behavior), but it's better than not riding at all.

This was a timely snapshot from some friends after a days ride. I already had ice on the back and they caught me chaining the bike to an ironic sign outside the motel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David Green, Naperville, IL USA "The older I get, the better I used to be" --Lee Trevino