Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    I pity your analyst and envy your lawyer.
    It's the same guy!

I get a volume discount.

My Bikes
    80's Schwinn Sierra MTB* 07 Jamis Ventura Comp* 09 Fuji Nevada 3.0 MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR View Post
    I just paid $70.00 for a "Jones" long sleeve wool base layer, and tried it out on a ride last night! Wonderful, comfy and warm. Cold ride too; low 50's deg.F.

http://www.joneswares.com/item/Merin...Weight/233/c28

Rick / OCRR
    You don't even need arm warmers for a 50 degree ride let alone wool! Sheesh! Wool is for the single diget temps when it acutally starts to feel cold

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dorosz View Post
    You don't even need arm warmers for a 50 degree ride let alone wool! Sheesh! Wool is for the single diget temps when it acutally starts to feel cold
    Speak for yourself!
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DG inspired me to hit REI today. Had my $75 gift card (from Father's Day) in hand, and the secret discount code (Holiday7) from the web site. I picked up a Joe Blow floor pump, a Bulldog U-lock, and two clearance rack 50% off cargo shorts (for riding on my bent). Grand total: $102. Minus $20 discount. Minus $75 GC. Out of pocket cash $7 for $136 list of goods.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dorosz View Post
    Actually, I had a jersey and arm warmers (lycra) over my Jones Wool base layer. And while I'm sure that you wouldn't use arm warms on a 50 deg. F. ride, I'm certainly glad that I did! Plus I had Pearl Izume shorts and full leg-warmers and wool socks . . . very comfy indeed.

Back when I lived in MO (11 years ago), I did lots of rides in colder temps with less clothing. But living in SoCal for even a couple of years seems to change folks (its not just me!), and we need more insulation from the cold. Not sure why. Overall though, getting to ride 12 months out of the year doesn't bother me a bit!

Rick / OCRR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123