Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 12-08-07, 02:41 PM   #1
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Palt-was that you?

.....Riding up Linwood Rd with your 50+ jersey on today? It was really super seeing someone out there in their 50+ jersey-whoever it was.

If that was you, was in the paceline with about 9-10 others heading towards Patterson Farm Rd. We were at about the 89 mile mark of our 100 mile ride and several fellows seemed interested in picking up the pace and getting back to the finish.

I hollered out your name but I didn't see the jersey until we just about even with you and we were going by at a rather good clip. I thought about turning around but probably would have crashed the group if I'd tried to slow down enough to turn around.

Just a really terrific day to be out on the bike in NC. We had an excellent group to ride with today but we did have one of our females crash at about 30 miles into the ride-probably crossed wheels. It felt like we rode a little easier than last week but it looks like we did the 100 miles in 10 fewer minutes-or around 5hr 30 mins this week.

Two down and three to go this month!!

Last edited by jppe; 12-08-07 at 02:53 PM.
jppe is offline   Reply With Quote