Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idea for New Knee Warmers!!

I'm sure some of you have done something similar but I don't recall seeing it discussed so here goes.

I have an older pair of knickers where the waist and seat have stretched way too much and are just too baggy now. They were sliding around and getting stuck on the nose of the saddle when I'd stand up and then sit back down. However, the leg/knee parts of the knickers are in great shape.

So......with scissors, elastic and some thread they're being converted to knee warmers with an EXTRA long length above the knee. I just double dare those things to slide down below my shorts now.........Why didn't I think of that before I shelled out the big bucks for the new holey knickers!!!

(I'll also use some of the fabric to patch my holey knickers)

What modifications have you made to clothing???

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been known to take the seam ripper to bike shorts, to remove the pad. I'm considering taking a couple of my jerseys to the tailor and have the pockets moved to the front. That makes it much easier for a recumbent rider to get at snacks while riding.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the top part of worn out high top wool boot socks, cut off at the ankle, for your knee warmers.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I ride my recumbent in colder weather, I wear long pants. Lightweight, stretch bluejeans do the trick well. These don't look out of place on a bent. But you poor road bikers have to maintain your image.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    ariZona carbon fiber tandem & single
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knee sox with the toe part cut off make nice arm or knee warmers.

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this is the correct thread, but its not worth starting a new one . . . I have one Santini leg warmer available (not knee warmer), size med. color black.

It's mate died in an unfortunate crash, but if some one out there in 50+ bikeforum.net land needs a leg warmer because he/she also had one die in an unfortunate crash (most crashes are unfortunate, in my experience), please PM me with your address and I'll mail it to you no charge.

Merry Christmas or insert holiday of your choice!

First come, first gets . . . and I only have one!

Rick / OCRR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct thread, but its not worth starting a new one . . . I have one Santini leg warmer available (not knee warmer), size med. color black.

It's mate died in an unfortunate crash, but if some one out there in 50+ bikeforum.net land needs a leg warmer because he/she also had one die in an unfortunate crash (most crashes are unfortunate, in my experience), please PM me with your address and I'll mail it to you no charge.

Merry Christmas or insert holiday of your choice!

First come, first gets . . . and I only have one!

Rick / OCRR
    Perfect for the one-legged biker!

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerlenbach View Post
    Perfect for the one-legged biker!
    Well, I hadn't thought of that but sure, if you're a one-legged biker (or cyclist) this leg warmer could be yours!

Rick / OCRR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I hadn't thought of that but sure, if you're a one-legged biker (or cyclist) this leg warmer could be yours!

Rick / OCRR
    Or to tie this into the actual point of the thread, get Rick's lonely leg warmer, cut in in half, and now you've got two. What a deal!

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Kerlenbach,

Did you have in mind cutting it horizontally or vertically? There's a zipper on the bottom, so that could be a problem either way. Plus, it's "fatter" at the top than the bottom. And if you cut it vertically, the riders legs would have to be VERY skinny (like Rasmussen?) for them to be able to wear them.

Still, I appreciate you efforts (and creative they are!) to find a home for my orphan leg warmer.

Rick / OCRR

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Kerlenbach,

Did you have in mind cutting it horizontally or vertically? There's a zipper on the bottom, so that could be a problem either way. Plus, it's "fatter" at the top than the bottom. And if you cut it vertically, the riders legs would have to be VERY skinny (like Rasmussen?) for them to be able to wear them.

Still, I appreciate you efforts (and creative they are!) to find a home for my orphan leg warmer.

Rick / OCRR
    My legs are so skinny cutting it longways might just do the job!!

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This begins to sound like an unannounced contest prize...

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    This begins to sound like an unannounced contest prize...
    How true! But still, I can't help but think that there is some 50+er out there (out here?) that has crashed and torn up a leg warmer (lost one in the dryer?) or something . . . and could use my orphan to make a pair.

It could even be a different brand (mixed marriage in leg warmers is okay, really!). One Santini, one Pearl Izume (for example). Can't they all get along?

Still, one lonely leg warmer, looking for a home. Or hey, you know, it could work the other way too. You have one leg warmer and don't want my frickin' leg warmer . . . fine; send me your orphan leg warmer. At least one us will have a useable pair of leg warmers!

Rick / OCRR