User Tag List

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swap meet shopping list.

There's going to be a swap meet in the St Louis area on Jan 27. Trust me, I don't NEED anything, but I've been kind of mopey because I don't have a project going. I'm even beginning to doubt the n+1 rule unless, of course, I stumble upon just the "right" frame for a really, really good deal.

Stuff I'd be interested in:

40 hole rear tandem disc hub - 160 OLD.
    Black 32 hole XT hubset - not disc.
    32 hole road hubset Ultegra or black 105.
    32 hole sew up rims.
    7-speed rapid fire shifter set.
    Compact crankset 50/34.
    Brooks saddles.
    Incredibell.
    Black or maybe even red 32 hole mountain bike rims.
    Old style (recessed cleat) Ultegra SPD pedals.
    747 (or more modern equivlent) SPD pedals.

A pair of rims or a hubset could keep me going for several weeks by the time I deconstruct one or more of my other wheelsets to swap rims and hubs around. Some of the stuff on the shopping list, on the other hand, would just be spares and wouldn't do anything for my project addiction.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year at the Madison meet, a LBS brought a dozen Brooks B17 saddles and were selling them at $50 each. I doubt they do that again this year. At least not at $50.

I remember there being hundreds of rims hanging off of the booths. Didn't pay attention to what they were as I'm not about to try to build a wheel.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    Stuff I'd be interested in:

40 hole rear tandem disc hub - 160 OLD.
    Get an XT tandem hub and space out to suit. Not as good as a proper made 160- but they are not cheap

Black 32 hole XT hubset - not disc.
    Have 6 on bikes now

32 hole road hubset Ultegra or black 105.
    32 hole sew up rims.

Only one I know of is STX and have to get a pair myself

Compact crankset 50/34.
    Realised the legs need lower gearing? Both road bikes have compacts

Brooks saddles.
    Masochist

Incredibell.
    Keep it in your pocket and throw it at the peds- Only way a bell works over here

Black or maybe even red 32 hole mountain bike rims.
    Don't get black spokes on a deal- unless they are an unopened packet of DT or better.

Old style (recessed cleat) Ultegra SPD pedals.
    Can't help you there

747 (or more modern equivlent) SPD pedals.
    Your talking quality now and that does not seem normal
    Luckily- I have an LBS that has a lot of OLD stock. But their old stock is getting younger nowadays.

Glad to see that you still have respect for the quality items- But some of these old parts are getting rare. Even my shop has stock that is kept for themselves- and will sell but you will pay- and pay and pay.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a box full of SPD and some other kind of clipless pedals that came with all the bikes I bought, but I don't know what an ultegra pedal looks like. If you have a photo of it, I can look through my box and would be glad to give them to you.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solveg View Post
    I have a box full of SPD and some other kind of clipless pedals that came with all the bikes I bought, but I don't know what an ultegra pedal looks like. If you have a photo of it, I can look through my box and would be glad to give them to you.
    They're one sided and, from the top, look like a silver triangle. If they havn't been used too much they'll san "Shimano" on the side but that gets worn off fairly quickly.

I guess that they used to come as original equipment on some road bikes. They never had the panache of Look style pedals and, being SPDs, they cause foot hot spots for some folks.

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post

So, like what would you give for a set? STX quality, with a matching rear D/R.
    Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.....Milton Friedman

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoborracho View Post
    So, like what would you give for a set? STX quality, with a matching rear D/R.
    Don't care about the derailleur. I only want the shifters as spares for my beater bike and the ones that I have are only a couple of years old. Unless you live in the St Louis area, shipping might turn into a factor. I've got some tradeing stock, what do you need?