User Tag List

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A foggy day for a ride.

My group took off for it's usual ride this morning (we ride MWF at 8:30am). The temperature was an OK 45ish. But the fog! We live at about 200 ft elev. We were about 20 miles and 1200 feet elevation into the ride before we got out of it. Of course, we got back into it on the way home. Two of us had blinkie lights going. Fortunately, not much traffic. We ended up with 52 miles.

The second picture is me after about 2700 feet of climbing (actual elevation about 2000). Note the lack of fog and complete accidental OCP. I'm dressed completely in black-yellow-red, my bike is black-yellow-red (note water bottle and valve stem caps). It was an accident, honest. Soon after this picture I put on my orange windbreaker.

Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Slim View Post
    The second picture is me after about 2700 feet of climbing (actual elevation about 2000). Note the lack of fog and complete accidental OCP. I'm dressed completely in black-yellow-red, my bike is black-yellow-red (note water bottle and valve stem caps). It was an accident, honest. Soon after this picture I put on my orange windbreaker.
    Accidental, my fanny. You planned this on an unconscious level. That's what OCP is all about.

I rode today as well, but not in fog. With a nod to OCP, my jersey coordinated with my base layer, and my water bottles coordinated with my jersey. Since I was riding far too fast to take pictures, I have none. Either you take my word for it or call me a prevaricator.

Nice pics, and pretty scenery. It makes a retirement community look like something to which to aspire.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

My Bikes
    '96 Trek 5500 OCLV, '05 Trek 6500 SLR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Slim View Post

Sorry Mojo, the OCP judges have subtracted penalty points for: mismatched wheels (-100 points), lack of required yellow water bottle (-25 points), cycling shorts over the tights (-50 points), and white socks instead of yellow or black (-50 points). Better luck next time!
    Last edited by Old School; 01-12-08 at 10:46 AM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"

My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Tom Bombadil is going to want to know what you're doing hanging out with people who don't wear blinkies while riding in the fog. There are stats about that, y'know.

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Sorry Mojo, the OCP judges have subtracted penalty points for: mismatched wheels (-100 points), lack of required yellow water bottle (-25 points), cycling shorts over the tights (-50 points), and white socks instead of yellow or black (-50 points). Better luck next time!
    OK. I never thought I'd have to defend any OCPness, but here goes.
    My wheels are indeed mismatched. I literally wore through the rear rim on my good wheel after 14000 miles of braking. It is being rebuilt. My yellow water bottle floated away in a river when I dropped it going over a bridge last year. Red is may "accent" color. It was the first water bottle I had "earned" on a century. I hated to lose it. Those aren't tights, they are leg warmers. The socks are indeed mostly white where they show. Yellow heels and yellow "Twinkee the Kid" logo and writing. However, I will accept some deductions BECAUSE IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!

And moving to a retirement settlement has been a good move for us. I have posted before that this group of riders are killing me. Our $103 a month extra admin fee gets us (Mrs. Slim and I) into 2 amazing fitness centers (4 pools, indoor track, etc), baseball, basketball, bocce ball, pickle ball etc etc etc, free fitness classes and a whole bunch of other stuff. Golf is cheap, too, on a championship course.
    Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades