OK, I'm quite certain I want to get a trainer and have narrowed it down to either Cycleops or Kurt Kinetics. (I like the one piece frame designs) However, I know nothing about trainers, haven't even seen one in real life.
I like the Kurt design with no "O" ring into the fluid compartment and a little bigger drive roller, (less wear on tire?)
Questions: (I searched the forums but they don't specifically address these questions)
1. Is the fluid option (most expensive) the best one to get?
2. Besides the fluid, which is next best, wind or magnetic resistance?
3. Do you really need a trainer tire, why?
4. Does a fitted skewer come with each trainer?
5. Can you increase the tension to where you can stand on the pedals?
6. How do you increase tension? by shifting to higher gear?