Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Will my CO2 explode?

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Will my CO2 explode?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-08, 05:08 PM
Squirrel

Bikes: Borthwick Touring bike, 83 Schwinn Peloton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, ?? Bianchi Torino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
When I worked downtown, there was a skyway between where I worked and the YMCA, so the Y was basically right down the hall. That rocked.
Old 01-19-08, 05:26 PM

Bikes: 88 Schwin Voyageur, 84 Schwinn World Sport, 85 Univega Alpina Uno, 85 Fuji Espree, 09 Novara Strada, 06 Jamis Durango, 03 Specialized Expediton Sport, 09 Surly LHT, 12 Novara Gotham

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think Tom should drive 6 hours up here to ride with us in the land of wusses,, we could even bike outdoors in his honor..what do you think sloveg?
Old 01-19-08, 05:46 PM

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
I use a similar method when I have a flat in sub-freezing temps. The first thing that I do after stopping is stick a cartridge down my tights - no kidding. Then, when I'm ready to air the tire up, out comes the cart, screw it on the inflator and I've got a full tube in a couple of seconds. I've changed several flats in sub-freezing temps using CO2 without a problem.

It works OK just putting it under a couple of layers up top ...Honest !!
Old 01-19-08, 05:48 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The major reason why Green Bay renovated Lambeau Field a few years ago, instead of building a new stadium, was because the NFL dictated that new stadiums above a certain latitude, had to be domed. Not wanting to play in a dome, they renovated, even though the renovation was so extensive that it cost as much as a new stadium. So when the Vikings come over to play in Green Bay in December, the Packers have an advantage because the Vikings aren't used to playing in cold weather.

I know there are many hardy souls all across Minnesota, including, I'm sure, many in the Minn-StP suburbs. But those downtown workers, and Gopher students, have it easy.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post
Old 01-19-08, 06:16 PM
Squirrel

Bikes: Borthwick Touring bike, 83 Schwinn Peloton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, ?? Bianchi Torino

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KLW2
I think Tom should drive 6 hours up here to ride with us in the land of wusses,, we could even bike outdoors in his honor..what do you think sloveg?
Yes. Tom, consider it a challenge! Come ride in MN!
Old 01-19-08, 06:59 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am hard to bait. It is cold enough here to practice riding in the cold without driving to Minnesota. And you are probably riding on roads, which I don't do, unless there is a marked bike lane.

Besides, I'm going to Florida next week.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post
Old 01-19-08, 07:31 PM
Squirrel

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil

Besides, I'm going to Florida next week.
Wuss
Old 01-19-08, 07:57 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm a wuss for going to visit my Mother??? Oh, how, how could you use such mean language to a son going to spend time with his aging mommy?

I wouldn't mind spending 3-4 weeks down there in Jan/Feb. Not going to work 5 days a week, seeing the sun, having some green leaves around me on rides & walks. Yep, I could deal with that.

Old 01-20-08, 12:31 PM

Bikes: Bianchi, Trek, Another Trek, Raleigh, Fuji and Santana and another Santana

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BCIpam
Speaking of low temperatures I have to travel to St. Paul MN next week. I live in Southern California. It's 65 degrees out and I am freezing! I wear a winter coat when it's 50! It's like going to be 5 degrees today in MN (not counting the wind chill). Will I die**********?
It's going to be nippy here, you should probably bring a sweater.
Old 01-20-08, 12:38 PM
Squirrel

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pista Largo
It's going to be nippy here, you should probably bring a sweater.
OK...suddenly there are Minnesotans all over the place.

Party. My place. June.