Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOS88 checking in...

Hey, Ho. Got the chance to log on a read a few posts since I've been gone.... can't even remember how long it's been. It's nice to see some familiar names and lots of new ones. Still working too many jobs trying to pay the bills, but had to take some time off the bike while a tendon heals. Nothing serious. So, thought I'd check in and give you all a shout. Seems like the workload will keep pretty high for the next year or so, but it's better than not being able to work. I'm getting in a few less miles than before the shift in my work situation. Surprisingly, not that far off the mark... still keeping in pretty good shape. It requires some discipline to stay away from TV, avoid other time traps, and ride whenever I can. Can someone tell me what happened to all the blueberry pie? Did it go out of favor when DG got a white bike or when Stapfam got a second road bike (and the say hell can't freeze over.) You all take care.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear from you. The names may have changed some but the topics continue to have a very familiar ring to them,

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, welcome back! It's been a while.

I've flipped or built and sold a couple dozen bikes to finance my habit over the last year. I got an 86 Paramount and added a honey Brooks professional and matching cork tape, bar end shifters, and 8 speed group (DA to match). I'm sitting at 4 road bikes and hoping to recover a Premis I sold about the time you stepped out.

DG has gotten the N+1 religon. All of us have felt the onset of years but refused to be old.

Don't be a stranger!
    Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, good to see you NOS88 we've missed you. Hang around for a while.

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Hey, good to see you NOS88 we've missed you. Hang around for a while.
    +1!
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix - Look 566 - Jamis Coda Elite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear from you again and I hope everything is working out well for you. Take care and stop by more often.
    George

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pie is still predominant but over here Blueberry is a bit scarce. Feel hungry now- going to raid the fridge to get some Strudel.

And I have to admit that the Newer bike has some White bits on it. Must be why the bike is slower than the Boreas.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOS88, it's good to see you back. Blueberry pie is alive and well, although the number of pie rides has probably decreased in proportion to the cold temperatures. Tom Bombadil traveled to the South for a visit and brought frigid weather with him Glad to hear you're still riding.

My Bikes
    '04 Giant OCR2, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour, '92 Trek 820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robtown View Post
    I've flipped or built and sold a couple dozen bikes to finance my habit over the last year...
    I'm just getting into that myself. A fun, slightly renumerative hobby is how I see it. Just overhauled/rebuilt an old Trek 820 for my personal 1st MTB/beater.

Yep, NOS, most of us are still here. Don't work too hard!
    '04 Giant OCR2|'87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion (6,129)|'92 Trek 820 MTB|'85 Schwinn Super LeTour
    "People who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who are nearly half people and half bicycles." - Flann O'Brien, The Third Policeman