Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spring is in the offing.

Brilliant day over here today. It did not rain and the wind was below Force strength. Just checked the weather forecast and the wind will be below 10 mph for about 10 days. Looks as though I will be out on Saturday and Sunday for a sensible ride. Just have to wait for the temp to get up above 45 now.-- Probably about November.

07 started well with a heatwave in April and that was hot- even for a british summer instead of spring. Then May came and every month went further downhill. Till about the end of September. Then December started and it has just finished. Rain and Wind ever since the bad weather started so it will nice to have a ride where I do not freeze- get blown off the bike or get soaked. Or all 3 in one go.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stapfam,
    Are you trying to tell me that I shouldn't whine about the 21 inches of snow with 30mph winds that we got yesterday? I'm thinking spring is still a bit away for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rck View Post
    Stapfam,
    Are you trying to tell me that I shouldn't whine about the 21 inches of snow with 30mph winds that we got yesterday? I'm thinking spring is still a bit away for me.
    My daughter called from college in Milwaukee. They just had their second
    "Snow Day" in the past 17 years. We just had two back to back ice storms
    here and according to some Groundhog, winter's only just begun!!!

My Bikes
    '04 Giant OCR2, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour, '92 Trek 820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eight inches of snow last night. Predicted high temperature for Sunday around 15 deg. F.

Spring is still a long way off here too.
    '04 Giant OCR2|'87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion (6,129)|'92 Trek 820 MTB|'85 Schwinn Super LeTour
    "People who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who are nearly half people and half bicycles." - Flann O'Brien, The Third Policeman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should reach a high of 18f this weekend, yippie. Time to ride, the couch.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're going to ride tomorrow morning while the temps are still in the 30's. This weekend they're predicting another Arctic blast and temps near 9F

Hopefully there will be milder temperatures when March gets here.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out these photos from the Milwaukee area.
    Tom, this is what you're dealing with right now I assume...

http://www.jsonline.com/site/photogr...spx?catid=1043

So. Ca. looking better all the time

Old Fogy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can scarcely believe our good fortune! Weather channel says sunny and 38 on Saturday! Best day in many weeks (if it actually turns out that way.)
    You listening, Al? Andy?

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stapfam,
    No--- You can whine all you like- but after getting soaked- frozen or blown off the bike for every ride I can remember since a long time ago- It looks as though I will be able to get a decent ride this weekend. Problem is that it will be such a shock- I may find out how unfit I am at this time of the year.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stapfam,
    Couldn't blame you at all for whining about that. Our forecast is for sunny and 66 Saturday, sunny and 63 Sunday. Looks like I'll be getting in some good riding.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tornados whipped through Arkansas killing 13 on Tuesday. Fortunately, the tornados were 60 miles away, but I ended up riding through the storm.

It was dry when I left work, sprinkled a little and then quit. But then the lightning and thunder started, surrounding me with flashes behind, ahead and to the left. I was 2/3 of the way home and stopped at a stop sign to take a drink of water. Then the rain really began. By the time I was across the intersection, I was soaked to the skin. That hasn't happened since I was a teenager in Florida. I was extremely wet by the time I made it home.

The next day my front wheel seemed to have been haunted by Orville Redenbacher and it sounded like a popcorn popper. I thought it was the spokes. But checked in in the mechanics forum and they said it was possibly that the grease had gotten washed out of the bearing. So I'll get some white grease and lube the wheel bearings this weekend.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.