Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was on vacation when y'all were posting on this thread, so I'll chime in now.

I'm riding the Tour de Nebraska in June (5 days, 300 miles) and the C&O Canal (184 miles from Cumberland, MD to DC) sometime in the fall.

When I rode the Bicycle Ride Across Nebraska (BRAN) in 2006, I decided that 7 days on a bike was too much for me, so I'm limiting my future trips to 5 days max.

SSP
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, Specialized MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to Phoenix next week to compete in the Arizona Senior Games - 2 time trials, and 2 road races in 2 days. Hoping to do well enough to qualify for the National Senior Games in San Francisco in 2009.
    CycliStats.com - Software for Cyclists
    WeightWare.com - Weight Management Software

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finally had the reservations confirmed for the first half of the July 4th week on Cape Cod. For a rider from Inland CT to spend days just riding around the beaches (even if crowded by people and cars) is enough to warm up the rest of the winter. We may also take the bikes up to ride around the Cape Cod Canal trails given enough time and good weather. Most of my beach riding happens around 6-7am before the roads get clogged.

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week in San Juan Capistrano, CA in May and 10 days in Mallorca, Spain in September.

Ti #18 Senior.
    My Bikes
    Serotta Concours
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bicycle trips in 2008.

Planning three bicycle trips: Katy Trail (Central Mo 5 day solo ride) in April; if I survive the Katy Trail ride, I plan to do the Erie Canal Tour (8 day ride) in July: and Tour de Tucson in the fall (always a great ride). Retirement is good.

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sknhgy View Post
    I'm contemplating doing the Katy Trail DNR ride in June. I have never done a group ride before. In fact, I've never ridden with anyone else before so I'm somewhat apprehensive. I sure would like to ride all the way across Missouri, though.
    If you do, PM me. I live within 2 miles of the KATY just a few miles from the St Charles end.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She caught the Katy and left me a mule to ride
    When the train pulled out, that mule laid down and died
    But I'm crazy about her, that hard headed woman of mine
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My traveling days are continuing. Was in Minnesota in September, Seattle/Vancouver/Olympic NP in October, Florida in January and am now finalizing more travel plans:

Chapel Hill, NC in mid-March (may ride with my daughter a bit around Carrboro/CH)
    San Francisco from April 20-27 (primarily a business trip, no bike or car)
    Lanesboro, MN in early May (cycling-focused trip)
    Canton, OH & Morganton WV in mid-June. (hope to ride in both Ohio & WV)

Part of my plan to use more vacation this year.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Pat
    My Bikes
    litespeed, cannondale
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will probably do just the Florida Bicycle Safari in April in Live Oak, FL and Cherry Lake, FL. Riding up there is a whole 'nother world than Central FL. For some reason the motorists tend to be courteous up there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Tom Bombadil;6131296]I'm planning on several. As I wrote before, I have a lot of vacation to use this year, will be taking about 8 weeks off in total, not all as weeks, some will be split into multiple 4-day weekends.

No organized rides ... there aren't many of those on bike trails.

Bikeflorida.org is on bike trails this year.

Neil_B
    I was planning to ride from Chester County, PA, to Los Angeles, CA, this summer, but the money for the trip isn't there. So I'm planning on that for next year. This year I'm riding from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC, via the trail/towpath network, with my buddy Neil Fein, aka "neilfein" here on Bike Forums. This adventure starts June 1, and we should be in the capital by the end of the week.

Since Neil and I call ourselves the Neils on Wheels Bike Touring Team, we have a number of short tours in the works. In April, for instance, we are riding from my home to Green Lane Park, 40 miles away, to camp, and then ride back the next day.

My Bikes
    Trek 750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No cycling vacation, but a couple of short vacations with a cycling component.
    New York in early May for the Bike New York, visit parents and spend a few days in the city and out to Long Island.
    Another parent visit in September for the New York Century, followed by a few days up the Hudson and visiting friends in Connecticut.
    And in next February, a return to San Francisco. Same as four years ago - while my wife is attending a conference I rent a bike and ride across the GG and up into Marin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123