User Tag List

My Bikes
    Too Numerous (not)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can borrow my bike

The times I've travelled on business and tried to rent a bike have not been good experiences --mostly way too expensive with numerous hassles.

I have often considered how great it would be to have a cooperative network of bikes available for borrow. I can offer bikes for borrow for someone in Chicago area (I have a few in the 55cm range that I'd be willing to loan out).

But I am also in the Phoenix area 3/29 thru 4/4 and wondering how I'm going to arrange for a bike to use. Anything, even an old beater.
    David Green, Naperville, IL USA "The older I get, the better I used to be" --Lee Trevino

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dbj,

I have had good luck dealing with similar situations by finding a geographically-specific message board and posting in search of a simpatico connection. Here's one that might be of help:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/tucso...phoenix-2.html

EDIT

In addition, I'm a member of a cool organization www.hospitalityclub.org
    Members provide all kinds of help--not just overnight accomodations. (For example, I found a pen pal to help me with my Italian. I also hosted a couple of people, which was fun). Anyway, there are more than 200 members in the Pheonix area. They might be able to help you.
    Last edited by Jet Travis; 02-08-08 at 09:28 AM.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go ask in the regional forums. I'm sure you'll find some people who would loan you a bike.

http://www.bikeforums.net/southwest/