Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What in the world was I thinking????

92 miles with 6000+ ft of climbing today-after the Grampster and I had ridden 50 miles on Tuesday. Even climbed our local "Mountain". I kept thinking about Jet Travis saying to ease back into it.........Why don't I listen!!!!!

It was a really nice day for riding but my ability to estimate how far a route might be is getting pretty poor......just ask the Grampster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow... that's some ride
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe View Post
    92 miles with 6000+ ft of climbing today-after the Grampster and I had ridden 50 miles on Tuesday. Even climbed our local "Mountain". I kept thinking about Jet Travis saying to ease back into it.........Why don't I listen!!!!!

It was a really nice day for riding but my ability to estimate how far a route might be is getting pretty poor......just ask the Grampster.

OMG That climb around the 45th mile would be the end of me - If I had made it that far
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    EZ Sport AX- Specialized Expedition Plus eight others for wife and others that come down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I ride from 2 to 50 feet above sea level.All the way up to 96 feet if I go over one bridge we have here.
    Wink

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wink View Post
    I think I ride from 2 to 50 feet above sea level.All the way up to 96 feet if I go over one bridge we have here.
    Wink
    Don't go passing out on us if you find a hill. Most of my hills start at around sealevel or pretty close to it and get up to a max of about 700Ft. Prefer the ones that go up quickly as I then have a couple of miles across the top before down and up again. The one that gets me is only an average of 5%---For 2 miles- Boring.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time I read one of your posts of this nature I find myself thinking: "When will I ever get off my lazy arse and really start riding, not just this pretend stuff I do?" I don't know what you were thinking, but when you find out will you share it with me so I can start thinking that way too?
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

My Bikes
    Raleigh Sport road Haro Mountain bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is that the profile or your ecg?
    Moderation can be taken to an extreme.

My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe View Post

The Grampster's experience is that when I ride with jppe, my heart rate stays at about 90% max for most of the ride. He just lopes along -- the man has iron legs and leather lungs--(but sometimes a tender butt).

The best riding buddy anyone could ask for--but those hills.......and we only did 50 miles at an average of 16 mph.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    --Ben Franklin

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry, jppe, I'm easing back for both of us. Ride on!
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

el padre
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer the title...at least you were thinking. Sometimes some of us go on a ride with no specific purpose and realize our goal is reached...............peace

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were thinking about the upcoming "assault" rides that you do in the season and decided it is time to put in the miles. It sounds like your butt is better.