Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spent a great afternoon inside??????

Just returned from a seminar on Time Trialing that was held in Charlotte. It was really, really terrific. There were presenters on the very basics plus equipment, nutrition, training, "psychology" and even wind tunnel testing. All the presenters did a terrific job of keeping the pace moving and answering questions while sharing their information. I suspect we had some of the most experienced professionals in the area that gave up their Saturday afternoon to share the information-not to mention the preparation time they took to put the information together.

I've done TT's for a few years now but found myself taking lots of notes and hearing things that hopefully will help me in future events. It would really be neat to do some wind tunnel testing to try some changes to various positions to see what it does.

One of the more interesting graphics was what happens when someone wearing a TT/Aero helment looks down and the "spike" in the back of the helment sticks straight up in the air.

Hearing this kind of stuff from these experts gets the juices going to get back on the bike........

BFD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the more interesting graphics was what happens when someone wearing a TT/Aero helment looks down and the "spike" in the back of the helment sticks straight up in the air.
    I've often wondered about that.

Sounds like a very interesting seminar. Let us know when you put some of the tips to work, and how the results are (feel).

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have to say you seem to be bouncing back from bike burnout.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer