User Tag List

My Bikes
    Randonee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bicycle Prices - Lot's of Sales in S. California

I continue to look for a suitable road bike frame that I can afford and then build up.

As was mentioned in another thread here, the frame and then build up is not such an inexpensive proposition if you have to buy a complete kit.

It amazes me the amount of sales at bicycle shops here in Southern California. I spoke with one fellow who was an Olympic cyclist and owns a couple of shops and he tells me that sales are down from 20 to 50% in January in Orange County at most of the shops. man there are some nice sales, but they are still out of my budget right now, but it is great fun to look!

What are you guys seeing you your part of the world?
    F Thomas

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snow

My Bikes
    most have two wheels, but some have one or three
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, snow and more snow, and sub-zero temps. One of the larger Milwaukee bicycle retailers will have their annual sale in March this year. That's usually the real beginning of the local sales push as some shops try to beat them by a week or two with their own sales.

Yen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll be heading out very soon in search for my next bike which I hope to purchase around May. This weekend looks like another nice weekend to take some test rides.

Perhaps the rain drove away potential buyers in January... it should pick up again when the weather stays warm.
    Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Surly Long Haul Trucker

My Bikes
    1971 Suzuki TS125/ factory race kit/AHRMA-legal; 1969 Suzuki TS250/factory race kit; 1967 Suzuki K-15 Hillbilly Trail 80; 1977 Yamaha IT175; 1964 VanTech Scrambler racing frame
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snow. We finally are getting a Chinook that's taken 30" down to under 2 feet; but it's getting old. Our first organized MTB ride is scheduled for the 24th. I think it would take 9 miles of snowblower work to make it happen.

I feel your pain on the frame hunt fthomas - - I'm trying to sell mine up here right now to buy the next one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the same feeling from the LBS that things are kind of slow. I told the owner why are you complaining? It is 7f outside and you have 2 customers in the shop right now.

Or an alternate theory: Every politician and TV talking head is constantly saying there is a recession so everyone thinks so.