Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They moved my post and I'm not allowed to comment.

They moved my rant about the radio guy who brags about trying to scare cyclists by creeping up behind him and honking to startle them. They moved it to politics and religion, and when I went there, I was not allowed to post.

Frankly, although the thread morphed into a political discussion, it wasn't intended as one (which is what I wanted to post). I could care less about Weiner's politics OR religion. I just don't think people should be allowed to encourage criminal behavior on the radio.

As to why I'm blocked, God only knows (to insert a little religion). Must be because of my political viewpoint (to insert a little politics).

Regardless where they move the post (and frankly, I don't care), I stand by my original position. If it's not okay to be overtly racist on the air (and it shouldn't be), then it clearly shouldn't be okay to encourage criminal behavior of any kind.

That's all I want to say.
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Everybody is blocked there at first. You need to make a special request to be unblocked.
    Just take it

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DG, I have not tried to post on P&R, but I have read that you have to register to post there. Something to help keep things from going too crazy, I guess.

Sucks that your thread was first hijacked and then Shanghai'd. Too much of that happening lately.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To post on P&R you have to reapply for permission. This involves reading the rules and sending them an e-mail swearing that you will abide by the letter and spirit of the rules. A loyalty oath, so to speak. I decilded not to reapply 'cause I'm just a grumpy old dude and I don't need no stinkin' rules. Besides, it looks like the P&R Forum is turning into a sunday school discussion.

Unfortunately, Savage isn't the only jerk out there that thinks scaring cyclists is 'great sport'. It's why I stick to the MUP. bk
    Last edited by bkaapcke; 02-13-08 at 10:56 PM.

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stay up here where you belong, Deeg. I've been to P&R, and it only brings out the worst in everybody--including myself. I'm never going back.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    Everybody is blocked there at first. You need to make a special request to be unblocked.
    That makes me feel better because I was blocked too. I was getting considerably more political than DG so I guess that makes sense.

Just when it was beginning to be fun! It was certainly a lot more fun than talking about who's the oldest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jet Travis has it right. I sure went overboard in the R part of P&R. bk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to keep my politics out of BF. I've never had any desire to post or read anything over there. I hate it when bricks fly through my front window.

On a side note...I once designed a 50 mile bike ride that featured only left turns.

My Bikes
    '04 Giant OCR2, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour, '92 Trek 820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    I
    On a side note...I once designed a 50 mile bike ride that featured only left turns.
    COMMIE!!
    '04 Giant OCR2|'87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion (6,129)|'92 Trek 820 MTB|'85 Schwinn Super LeTour
    "People who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who are nearly half people and half bicycles." - Flann O'Brien, The Third Policeman

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkaapcke View Post
    Jet Travis has it right. I sure went overboard in the R part of P&R. bk
    That makes two. I guess maybe it's better if I stay away.

"A fool learns from experience. A wise man learns through other people's experience."

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a time when I absolutely loved to argue politics or religion, but somewhere along the way it lost its charm for me. It's always a few people building each other up about how smart they are followed by others telling them they are idiots. Nobody ever learns anything or changes their mind. If anything comes from it at all, I might lose respect for someone I liked before I heard about their absurd beliefs. Better not to know.

Now I prefer to save all the idiotic posturing for college football discussions for one overriding reason. It really doesn't matter at all.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    Just when it was beginning to be fun! It was certainly a lot more fun than talking about who's the oldest.
    You'll find it fascinating when we find out. When we did a poll, there was someone who said they were 90+.

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post

Looking forward to seeing you on XOBA, big guy.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcoppola View Post
    COMMIE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Travis View Post
    Looking forward to seeing you on XOBA, big guy.
    Let the good times roll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking about politics and religion with the goal of trying to change anothers point of view is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. (sorry Robert Heinlein).

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if anyone takes objections to any of my posts in that thread, I will never see them, as I never follow a thread out of this forum. Moving it is deleting it as far as I'm concerned.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Erect member since 1953 cccorlew's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Fantom Outlaw turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm against bike tires made of animal fur. It's just cruel. If Budda wants to spend our tax dollars to put fluoride in the water to control *** use, I say let the immigrants in, as long as they don't ride on the sidewalks.
    WANTED: Not a darn thing. I've got it all. Life is good.
    Website at curtis.corlew.com Bicycle blog at ccorlew.blogspot.com

Erect member since 1953 cccorlew's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Fantom Outlaw turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm against bike tires made of animal fur. It's just cruel. If Budda wants to spend our tax dollars to put fluoride in the water to control *** use, I say let the immigrants in, as long as they don't ride on the sidewalks.

[whoops. Posted twice. I guess I must really mean it...]
    Last edited by cccorlew; 02-13-08 at 01:50 PM.
    WANTED: Not a darn thing. I've got it all. Life is good.
    Website at curtis.corlew.com Bicycle blog at ccorlew.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cccorlew View Post
    I can see this one will be going into the religion and politics area next. Besides, everyone in Texas knows that the best *** control involves tight shot groups not politicians.

[bike content]
    Reminds me of the other day on my commute to work, I was zipping down Glenmont approaching Rampart in the bike lane trying to avoid mounds of broken beer bottles when I look over and see this guy of uncertain immigration status riding his bike on the sidewalk next to me going in the same direction. I did a double take when I noticed he was riding a nice Trek mtb.

My Bikes
    Randonee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is MoveOn.Org a UCI sanctioned cycling team?

Additionally, I agree with Tex Arcana
    Tight shot groups - Very Important!
    Those of uncertain origin with full on kits and awesome bikes - Amazing isn't it! I see it here in Ca.

Never ask anyone where they are from. If they are from Texas they'll tell you. Otherwise, you don't want to embarrass them.
    I are one too!

I can't post there either and really don't care to. I only visit it when one of OUR 50+ Threads gets sent to Thread Purgatory.
    F Thomas

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

My Bikes
    Randonee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those of uncertain origin with full on kits and awesome bikes - Amazing isn't it! I see it here in Ca.

Never ask anyone where they are from. If they are from Texas they'll tell you. Otherwise, you don't want to embarrass them.
    I are one too!

I can't post there either and really don't care to. I only visit it when one of OUR 50+ Threads gets sent to Thread Purgatory.
    F Thomas

My Bikes
    Randonee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I are one too!

F Thomas

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has nothing to do with politics. A letter writing campaign works, as demonstrated by the Clear Channel incident a few years ago.

Here's how it works:

1. send a complaint to the FCC. Advocating violence against a group is hate speech. Hate speech is a crime. The station can lose its operating license if it doesn't respond. Send a carbon copy to the station manager.

2. You and all your buddies send an email to the advertisers, with a carbon copy to the manager and the station owner, stating that you are very unhappy that the jock <name here> advocates violence against cyclists, and as a result, you will be forced to boycott them for as long as they advertise on that station, or until the jock is gone.

My Bikes
    2002 Lemond Zurich, 2006 Santa Cruz Superlight, 2010 Landshark, 2012 Santa Cruz Juliana, 2014 Juliana Premiero Origin 29er and last but not least, the "Frankenweenie"!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DG - you probably figured this out you (or anyone) are not blocked from P & R - you have to request entry. If you have any questions contact Tom Stormcrowe.

I actually spend alot of time there. There have been some changes and recently some of the biggest trouble makers have been asked to leave. There are still some rabble rousters but by and large its a spirited group who constantly amaze me with their knowledge and intellect. You would be most welcome but just a warning, come in with thick skin... it does sometimes get hot.

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast