User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone has waited behind me (or us), I try to give a friendly "thank you" wave when they pass. We ride on lots of narrowish roads, often with little shoulder (not much traffic, either), so I sure don't want to antagonize any local drivers.
    Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Slim View Post
    If someone has waited behind me (or us), I try to give a friendly "thank you" wave when they pass. We ride on lots of narrowish roads, often with little shoulder (not much traffic, either), so I sure don't want to antagonize any local drivers.
    +1. I feel a little guilty if I'm slowing traffic whether it's my fault or not.

I do, however, mutter unkind things under my breath while the numb nuts is still behind me with a clear lane in which to pass. If they're really stubborn, I give up and pull over.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We usually just crank it up to whatever the speedlimit is so we don't hold them up as much.........

My Bikes
    Too Numerous (not)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was driving SAG once for a large group and was standing at a blind intersection making sure the riders were safe. Some elderly person (yea, yea, just like us) pulled up to me in her car (actually blocking both lanes) and started explaining to me how she was almost forced to run over some of our cyclists because they wouldn't pull over and let her by.
    David Green, Naperville, IL USA "The older I get, the better I used to be" --Lee Trevino

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I go to the archery range I drive up Kings Mountain. Lots of riders have exhibited the same attitude you describe while I wait behind them. They keep looking back with a "pissed" look on their face. I won't pass unless I think it's safe. No amount of waving me around will do. I had a cyclist do that once, and a car came around the bend about the time I would have been next to the cyclist. I wait until I KNOW it's clear.
    Silver Eagle Pilot

My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes, when I'm behind a bike, I find it helps to yell out to them to get on the sidewalk.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost never get this at home, but did a good bit on the TransAmerica this summer. In Missouri and Kentucky they were the worst. They would hang back even when it was clear for the half mile that you could see. Waving them around didn't help with a lot of them. The worst of them were the ones who would hang back for minutes of absolutely clear chance to pass and then zip around 100 yards before a blind curve crossing the double yellow with all four wheels when they could have squeezed by and still left room for an on coming car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12