Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 02-14-08, 06:45 PM   #1
robtown
Muscle bike design spec

Bikes: 70 Atala Record Proffesional, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, 76 Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 OutRiderUSA HyperLite
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bike & Bikes!

A craiglister is selling a Gucerroti [italian steel] 87 GLX with full Nuvo Record in my size. He's out of town until Friday but I'm hoping to see it then [tomorrow].

Another Sterling resident [my home town] has 20 - 50 bikes at two locations he's giving away. He was supposed to call me today but ended up contacting someone else. The first site is gone . I may get 10 - 15 bikes from the other site, his house. Here's hoping there are some gems. They'll fill up my parts bucket and make some spare change for wheels and other parts

The ex-coworker with my Schwinn Premis is still at large. I don't know why it's so hard to hook up with him.
Old 02-14-08, 06:50 PM   #2
solveg
Squirrel

Bikes: 07 Rivendell Atlantis, 83 Schwinn Peloton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM,
Cool! Keep us posted!
Old 02-15-08, 05:55 PM   #3
robtown
Muscle bike design spec

Bikes: 70 Atala Record Proffesional, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, 76 Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 OutRiderUSA HyperLite
Update - also on C&V

I'm up for buying her and seeing how she rides. I suspect I won't loose any money reselling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owner
I am the original owner of the frame, and the (Nuvo Record) components I took off of a Colnago SL bike I owned previously. The rims are Campy Omega Strada Hardox. I think I built the wheels (I used to be a mechanic.)

I would rate the bike in good condition, but I rode it regularly for years, so it has some normal wear.

Bars and stem are Cinelli, and the bars are the big drop model. I have some extra hubs and bearings I can throw in, as they should go with the bike.