Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tour of California

The ToC starts on Sunday and is televised on Versus.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    The ToC starts on Sunday and is televised on Versus.
    Will you be going, and will you be providing us with some of your excellent pictures?

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. I will be at the Prolog Time Trial. I want to see the Mount Hamilton / Sierra stage but the weather forecast calls for rain next week so that is iffy for me.

My Bikes
    WizWheelz TerraTrike with Velo-Kit & 24V motor, completely enclosed (fiberglass/kevlar & Lexan) EZ SX Tad with 36V motor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of annoying that Santa Cruz was just named "Bicycle Friendly" , then many events seem to avoid Santa Cruz and stop in Seaside. Bikes, Trikes, and Tikes is planned in Seaside too.

If possible; many pictures please!!!

countersTrike

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be watching dialy on Versus. Wish I could be there, rain or shine.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reminder!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be on "the ominious" Balcom canyon on saturday (23rd) and on Mill Creek Summit on Sunday.

I just heard that the CSC squad had a bad crash on Decker canyon yesterday afternoon during a training ride.
    Some bad injuries. Jens Voight is covered in road rash.

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix - Look 566 - Jamis Coda Elite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Tour of Qatar is on Saturday as well.
    George

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got my dvr set to record on Versus.
    Bud
    * 2009 RANS XStream
    * 2007 RANS Stratus XP
    * 2006 Bacchetta Corsa
    My Blog - uneasy-rider.com

They told me it's ok to post mileage over in the commuting forum, so you'll probably find me there these days.

My Bikes
    The keepers: 1960 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, 1968 Ranger, 1969 Magneet Sprint, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1973 Raleigh Tourist, 1973 Lambert, 1973 Schwinn Super Sport, 2 - 1988 Rossins
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really looking forward to the ToC this year - at the rate things are going, they may end up having more Pro Tour teams than the TdF.

For those not up on the television scheduling, the coverage starts at 1700 on Saturdays and Sundays, 2300 during the week (eastern time). That Tour of Quatar overview is 1800 Saturday.

The racing season has started! Can regular 60 degree afternoons be far behind?
    Syke

"No wonder we keep testing positive in their bicycle races. Everyone looks like they're full of testosterone when they're surrounded by Frenchmen." ---Argus Hamilton

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sykerocker View Post
    R
    For those not up on the television scheduling, the coverage starts at 1700 on Saturdays and Sundays, 2300 during the week (eastern time). That Tour of Quatar overview is 1800 Saturday.

The racing season has started! Can regular 60 degree afternoons be far behind?
    And for those not up on military time, that's 5pm on weekends and 11pm week nights.

We've been having 60s and 70s most afternoons for a few weeks. 71 tomorrow.

Living Life On Two Wheels knatchwa's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Giant Rincon 2007 Model - Black & Grey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will see about making it for the Seaside-San Luis Obispo leg any other attendees?
    When I go biking, I repeat a mantra of the day's sensations: bright sun, blue sky, warm breeze, blue jay's call, ice melting and so on. This helps me transcend the traffic, ignore the clamorings of work, leave all the mind theaters behind and focus on nature instead. I still must abide by the rules of the road, of biking, of gravity. But I am mentally far away from civilization. The world is breaking someone else's heart. ~Diane Ackerman
    Read More: Bicycling With Knatchwa

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be on Cardiac Hill (hwy. 128) on Tuesday, then Sac. for the finish. Ive never watched a professional bicycle race live, so I'm excited. My cowbell is ready, too.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

My Bikes
    Surly LHT, Specialized Rockhopper, Nashbar Touring (old), Specialized Stumpjumper (older), Nishiki Tourer (model unknown)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countersTrike View Post
    Bikes, Trikes, and Tikes is planned in Seaside too.
    What is that?

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    I'll be on Cardiac Hill (hwy. 128) on Tuesday, then Sac. for the finish. Ive never watched a professional bicycle race live, so I'm excited. My cowbell is ready, too.
    You're going to love it. If you have time, add one other location to your list. Stage starts are a great way to see the riders and teams up close. Arrive early and walk around the parking area where the team vehicles set up before the stage.

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Velodiva and I just returned from the KOM race up Sierra Road, Category 1 climb. It was a beautiful day and we both did great. The pros on stage 3 of the ToC will climb Mount Hamilton (back side), Hors Category, descend the 19 mile technical descent and then follow the same route we did today i.e. climb Sierra Road and descend to finish in San Jose.

My Bikes
    Waterford, Orbea, Giant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great! What were your times? We are in Stanford and did a short ride today. Two rides tomorrow, one before and one after the prologue
    Wiggy wiggy scratch yo yo bang bang

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Velodiva 33:28, 5th out of 15, for the Cat 3/4 women and mine was 38:14. I do not know my place - yet.

We will be at the prolog tomorrow. We plan to ride our tandem to the event and park it at the free valet bike parking.

My Bikes
    DeSalvo Custom Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weather

After two Sunny weeks in NORCAL the weather will probably be overcast up until just before the start tomorrow morning then it should be 50+F for most of the ride until after they turn inland on Coleman Valley road and are approaching Santa Rosa when it should warm to the low to mid 60sF. The rest of the trip through NORCAL looks iffy with the possibility of rain every other day beginning Tuesday. Not sure about the weather further down the coast.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stage 3 today. Isn't that when the climbing really starts? Anyone watching from one of the big climbs?

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    Stage 3 today. Isn't that when the climbing really starts? Anyone watching from one of the big climbs?
    Yes. Mount Hamilton, Hors Category and the Sierra Road Climb. I am working and cannot attend. Plus...I have had my fill of climbing Sierra Road for this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone agree with me that the people that run Versus are idiots. Here comes the race leader on a killer sprint, break for woodie enhancment commercial, back to the race 3 min. later, who the heck knows what happened.

My Bikes
    Cervelo Prodigy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching Levi Leipheimer today was awesome.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfield Cat View Post
    Watching Levi Leipheimer today was awesome.
    Were you there? Looked like a good crowd. Chechu did an amazing pull up Mt. Hamilton and then Levi was the only one able to hang with Gesink on the Sierra Road.

Living Life On Two Wheels knatchwa's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Giant Rincon 2007 Model - Black & Grey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is good you went and saw it with your own eyes. I was figuring on tommorow, to ride salinas to big sur in and see if I can catch the first kom along that route. according to google maps 53.2 mi and I have not rode that much for a time so will see how it goes.
    When I go biking, I repeat a mantra of the day's sensations: bright sun, blue sky, warm breeze, blue jay's call, ice melting and so on. This helps me transcend the traffic, ignore the clamorings of work, leave all the mind theaters behind and focus on nature instead. I still must abide by the rules of the road, of biking, of gravity. But I am mentally far away from civilization. The world is breaking someone else's heart. ~Diane Ackerman
    Read More: Bicycling With Knatchwa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast