I sold off a bike last week. It was a Terry porportional road bike with a 24" front wheel and a 700c rear wheel. I didn't get very much money for it but it wasn't getting used very much either. Here's the interesting part. My wife was unhappy that I sold it.
Obviously I need to regain the balance before the universe implodes and, coincidentally, make my wife happy again. What to buy, what to buy? I'm willing to consider most anything but bonus points will be awarded for a bike that needs a lot of mechanical updateing.
1. Guest bike for my grand daughters to ride. This would be the obvious replacement for the Terry. I have doubts about how much they want to ride with us or how often it would get used.
2. Super lightweight carbon road bike or maybe a cool titanium framed road bike. A potential problem with either is it might make my Klein feel even worse. It doesn't get ridden enough as it is.
3. Custom frame road bike. The problem is that I have no idea how I'd want it to be different from the bikes that I have today.
4. I hesitate even to mention the "R" word. Recumbent. I'll be up near Stevens Point this summer without my wife. Stevens Point is home to the Hostel Shop, a MAJOR recumbent dealer.
5. Spray paint stuff. Not a new bike but I could see myself giving some of my existing bikes a more professional repaint job.
6. Other. I'll also award points for creativity and originality.