Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Lance and I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lance and I

I was watching the local news tonight and found out that Lance has good taste,he bought a bike made by Sam Whittingham at the Portland bike show.I was first though as I had Sam make me a tourer a couple of years ago and I didn't pay as much as Lance. Story in one of the local rags can be found here, http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...3-7d32e50219d5 A picture of my bike from Sam's website, http://www.timetogetnaked.com/images...tter%20013.jpg I might be just a touched biased but I think that Samantha (I named her after her dad) is nicer than Lance's new bike.

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice bike--although when I saw timetogetnaked.com I was kinda hoping for something a little different.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Travis View Post
    Very nice bike--although when I saw timetogetnaked.com I was kinda hoping for something a little different.
    Case ya didn't know, Sam is something a little different himself. Like the fastest unpaced cyclist on the planet - something on the order of 80+ mph for 200m. Yes, on flat ground. In a streamlined recumbent. Check out the "Go Sam Go" link at timetogetnaked.com. Most impressive.

Scott P
    Bent (oops, "Bend"), OR

My Bikes
    Litespeed Tuscany , Lemond Poprad, 1970's Motobecane Grand Record
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To have Lance Armstrong buy your bike for $12,000 and have to tell Robin Williams sorry, what a sales dream. Yours may look better than Lance's, but I'll bet his is faster.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lance is going to be here in Madison next Tuesday, at a rally to ban smoking in all public buildings and retail establishments, including taverns.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    I've got a bunch...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More pictures of the bike Lance bought...

Any locals make it up to NAHBS??

My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Ask his first wife or Cheryl Crow, whom he dumped after she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
    Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.....Milton Friedman

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I was referring to the bike, not to Lance.