Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Wind? (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/392887-wind.html)

stapfam 02-29-08 03:11 PM

Wind?

This is not looking good. Just been round to my daughters on the bike. Bit of rain- and the wind was getting up. She only lives 1/2 mile away. I walked the bike back. In the space of 30 minutes- the wind got up to 60 mph. Could not even chance it with a tailwind.

Problem is the wind might stay till Monday.

tedshuck 02-29-08 03:55 PM

Don't you hate it when a storm moves in just for the weekend. :(

It's supposed to be 70F here tomorrow and then snow on Sunday. Guess that decides which day I will be riding.:rolleyes:

Artkansas 02-29-08 04:16 PM

Sunny Saturday, Rainy Sunday. Take a guess.

Rick@OCRR 02-29-08 04:30 PM

Lovely both days here in SoCal. 112 miles with 7,400 ft. of climbing on Sat. then "flatish" (if that's a word?) recovery ride on the single speed on Sunday.

Rick / OCRR

maddmaxx 02-29-08 05:54 PM

From the title and location (50+) I thought that this might be about something else.

doctor j 02-29-08 08:58 PM

Please watch your language on BF 50+. W-I-N-D is a four-letter word:eek:

Cadfael 02-29-08 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by stapfam (Post 6255920)
This is not looking good. Just been round to my daughters on the bike. Bit of rain- and the wind was getting up. She only lives 1/2 mile away. I walked the bike back. In the space of 30 minutes- the wind got up to 60 mph. Could not even chance it with a tailwind.

Problem is the wind might stay till Monday.

Pretty much the same here in Gtr Manchester. I had a pretty good tailwind on the way to work, but during the night got up for real and I had to work real hard to get home. It was 50/50 I left the bike at work and walked home to be honest.

TruF 03-01-08 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by doctor j (Post 6257635)
Please watch your language on BF 50+. W-I-N-D is a four-letter word:eek:

When I saw the title of this post, I also wondered about the kind of wind he was most likely to be talking about with an audience in our age group! :D

stapfam 03-01-08 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by TruF (Post 6259556)
When I saw the title of this post, I also wondered about the kind of wind he was most likely to be talking about with an audience in our age group! :D

sorry to get you worried- But the swear word in my mind is FLAT ulence- On those boring straight roads that don't vary round corners or have any slopes on to make the Ride interesting. So the 4 Letter word is anything that has F L A T in it- and that includes punctures.

Yen 03-01-08 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by tedshuck (Post 6256174)
Don't you hate it when a storm moves in just for the weekend. :(

Yes. I used to LOVE stormy weekends when I could stay cozy at home. Not any more!

A wind kicks up almost every afternoon here and we almost always have a headwind on our ride home. It's a relief to turn up our street and not have to fight with it anymore.