User Tag List

My Bikes
    Cervelo Prodigy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bike Shoe Maintenance

Is it proper to use a leather cleaner and conditioner for the bike shoes like Lexol? How about a shoe tree like cedar wood to keep the insides from smelling bad. And when will Nike figure out how to insert a micro chip in the shoe in case we get hit by a car or for other useless data?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most modern bike shoes are made of Lorica or some other kind of "fake" leather. Don't think Lexol would hurt them but not sure either. I just wipe mine down with a damp cloth and mild soap if they get dirty.

Have only used a shoe tree to try to stretch a snug pair of bike shoes but don't think a wooden shoe tree will hurt anything. Always pull out the removalble insoles at the end of a ride and let the sweat dry out. I am impressed with how long cycling shoes actually last. Thought I would be looking for a new pair after a year or so, but the Nike shoes look almost new into year #4.

Really like Nike cycling shoes but I would not pay extra for a chip in the shoe. Cell phone works well for emergencies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Nike has decided to drop the cycling business it is unlikely they will come up with anything new for their cycling shoes.