Thread: Saddle question

My Bikes
    Trek 1500; Trek T1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saddle question

I just had surgery to remove hemorrhoids - painful! Now I need a new saddle on my bike. I've been using the one that came with my Trek 1500. What do you recommend? I realize a saddle is a very personal item.
    Thanks

My Bikes
    Felt F3C; Colnago Masterlight
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just put a Selle SMP Evolution on my Felt F3C. Not cheap ($200 from www.wekeepyoucycling.com/en/
    is the best price I've found). I only rode it for an hour today (too damn cold and windy) but it is very comfortable and no numbness!. I'd rate it better than my Felt Race Lite, but it'll take a 50 miler to know for sure. Expensive, but then I only have 2 cahones and one prostate so I figure it's worth it!
    My other bike is an Adirondack Guide Boat.

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After my prostate op- I had problems with the saddle I had been using for years so down to the LBS and got one of these new saddle with the cutaway for the pubic bone. It worked---For about 2 weeks. So another saddle and fine again- for another couple of weeks. I forget how many saddles I bought and borrowed in the next 6 years- but I do remember the pain. (Ever done 100miles on a saddle that that had red hot nails sticking upwards after 10 miles-I did) Then suddenly I got two new saddles and a new bike. The saddles both had a bit of padding on them but still had the cutaway. One was a Flite Max gel and the other a San Marco Aero. I do not know if it was the new saddles- Or the change from MTB's to road bike- or that the Prostate area suddenly calmed down- But all I do is wish you good luck.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be obvious that this seat is very easy on the prostate, as well as all the other bits in the general vicinity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You had surgery to justify buying a new saddle! Yikes.

I would do nothing until fully healed and see how it feels. A new saddle during the healing process may solve nothing.

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got back from a ride that, due to the wind and my general out-of-shapeness, was a lot harder than I had planned on. The only part of my body that doesn't hurt right now is my butt. I love my Brooks saddle!