Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Why Peddle Anyway? (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/394124-why-peddle-anyway.html)

KickItUp 03-04-08 01:22 PM

Footbike, Kickbike, Riga, Mibo

Thanks for the time. I thought I was good to talk about my Footbike on this forum. I forgot I didn't have pedals........

Tom Bombadil 03-04-08 01:29 PM

Hmmm .... according to KickItUp's profile, footbikeusa.com appears to be his home page.

We don't get many shills here in 50+.

That said, I see two people on campus riding these and they seem to enjoy the experience. Makes my knees hurt just looking at it.

shmulb 03-04-08 01:30 PM

So I'm going to pay $400 to $500 for a large scooter, with big wheels ? Seems a bit pricey for what you get!

Retro Grouch 03-04-08 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by KickItUp (Post 6278101)
Hey Kiddies,... I love this thing!:D

Yeah, but what about those of us who take ridicule badly?

BengeBoy 03-04-08 01:37 PM

Sorry, I'm stuck on the fact that you can't spell pedal.

Tom Bombadil 03-04-08 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by BengeBoy (Post 6278219)
Sorry, I'm stuck on the fact that you can't spell pedal.

I think he spelled it correctly in this application

Peddle: to sell or offer for sale from place to place

Blanchje 03-04-08 01:57 PM

I bet it's a ball on a long uphill grade:rolleyes:

Artkansas 03-04-08 02:20 PM

Hey Kiddies,You need to take a moment and check out getting around on one of these!

Since all 5 of the posts that he's posted are thread starters about his product in 5 different forums, we can safely assume that he is nothing but a spammer. If he wants to advertise, he ought to pay for it. ;)

I love that he can't spell and addresses us as "Hey Kiddies". Talk about talking down to you. As my kindergarten teachers used to say..."There's nobody named 'Hey' here."

I notified the forum moderator. Don't be surprised if this thread disappears.

DiabloScott 03-04-08 02:21 PM

Hey Kiddies,

You need to take a moment and check out getting around on one of these!---www.footbikeusa.com. 20 minutes around my neighborhood is a great time, and turning out to be a great workout too!------30 lbs in 6 months was easy!

No back hassles, no knee hassles, no neck strain, no special shorts, shoes are normal. Ohyea I pick different routes now-----but I really get so much in less time, we are going to get a couple to keep in the RV too. Long uphill? Learn to kick---or walk it off! Long downhill?---Lean to coast or stop and take photos!

I love this thing!:D

k----slow on the spell check, glad I can read.

Is this you?

Gary "Grayhound" Schmitt - You spelled Greyhound wrong too.

http://www.footbikeusa.com/images/bobmaskReflection.jpg

ROFL !!!

Jet Travis 03-04-08 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil (Post 6278247)
I think he spelled it correctly in this application

Peddle: to sell or offer for sale from place to place

Indeed. I peddle so I can pedal.

DiabloScott 03-04-08 02:41 PM

Hey, could you make one of these in a stationary version, like for the gym or the garage?

Tom Bombadil 03-04-08 02:41 PM

I don't know why it is promoted as being good for your knees. You are standing instead of sitting, putting a lot of weight on one knee, while the other knee is continually absorbing impacts with the ground.

Likewise for your feet. Lots of weight on one foot, constant impact on the other.

The back position looks none too comfy either.

Not sure this is a product aimed at the 50+ crowd - or at least a large percentage of it.

Beverly 03-04-08 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil (Post 6278725)
I don't know why it is promoted as being good for your knees. You are standing instead of sitting, putting a lot of weight on one knee, while the other knee is continually absorbing impacts with the ground.

Likewise for your feet. Lots of weight on one foot, constant impact on the other.

The back position looks none too comfy either.

Not sure this is a product aimed at the 50+ crowd - or at least a large percentage of it.

There was one on a club ride last year and I got a chance to ride it. You're supposed to keep changing feet as you ride. They might be okay on a flat trail but I wouldn't want to ride it anywhere else.

John E 03-04-08 02:45 PM

... slow on the spell check ...

Eye Halve a Spelling Chequer

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a quay and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its really ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect in it's weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

John E 03-04-08 02:47 PM

Unless that thing can be folded to bring aboard a bus, I fail to see its application or attraction.

BengeBoy 03-04-08 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by KickItUp (Post 6278588)
Yes it seems that I have peddled my pedal. I imagine it is due to too much time on my Footbike, and not enough time on my pedals.

This is a different machine, not a replacement for a bike. Back in the day it may have started the other way around. Regardless, this revival comes from the reason this machine was designed------a zero impact running machine that is being adopted by all athletes in all sports.

Without accident this 'expensive big scooter' is huge in Europe and coming to North America with a smile. You won't need a chamois, you will not need your riding shoes, and you won't need to replace or maintain your chain, shifters, cranks, bottom bracket, saddle, rings, cluster, derailers, and....ohyea.......the peddells.

You will ride stronger after putting time on your Footbike. You will find a level of fitness that may have escaped you these last few years of riding.

Don't be afraid to be different-----the Footbike Rocks!

This is complete b.s., from start to end.

BengeBoy 03-04-08 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by KickItUp (Post 6278765)
I was advised by an associate to jump on this site and show what we have.

You got bad advice.

Long deKlein 03-04-08 02:54 PM

I was advised by an associate to jump on this site and show what we have. It seemed like a good idea for the first 5 minutes, and better than $25k magazine ads. I am a humored that the cycling community is just like every other 'community' or 'gang' ' or 'club' on this planet.

It seems that if I lived somewhere other than the US I would be clubbed for my posts. And why is that again?-----ohyea, because we are different, and you didn't like the message.

Sorry to invite you to my free space on this site. Sorry to make it look like I was reaching into your wallet. Sorry that your experience with Footbike started out like this!

Have a most excellent ride.

Owwww-the tiny violins hurt my ears!

Tom Bombadil 03-04-08 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Beverly (Post 6278761)
There was one on a club ride last year and I got a chance to ride it. You're supposed to keep changing feet as you ride. They might be okay on a flat trail but I wouldn't want to ride it anywhere else.

As I wrote earlier, I've seen two people riding them around our campus, which is relatively flat, with a few low grade slopes here and there. Both were pretty young, looked like early 20s. As I've seen them riding several times, it must work for them.

I might consider using one for a relatively short distance trip around town, if I lived in a town. It would be much faster than walking. Although I don't know why I'd use it instead of a bicycle. Perhaps it could better serve someone with balance problems than a bike??

One problem would be: Where would you ride it? Wheeled vehicles are banned from sidewalks and scooters are banned from bike lanes. It would be legal on a MUP, so that would work around parts of Madison.

Tom Bombadil 03-04-08 03:00 PM

Looks like he is taking a beating in the Commuting forum

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...137&highlight=

Denny Koll 03-04-08 03:01 PM

I can't believe that you could even give these things away..let alone sell them. Maybe young kids who like scootering around the neighborhood would take a free one.

Tom Bombadil 03-04-08 03:02 PM

I was advised by an associate to jump on this site and show what we have. It seemed like a good idea for the first 5 minutes, and better than $25k magazine ads. I am a humored that the cycling community is just like every other 'community' or 'gang' ' or 'club' on this planet.

Must admit that I kinda like the concept of being a member of a 50+ Bicycling "gang."

DiabloScott 03-04-08 03:02 PM

Wow, I think you should really petition the Admins for a Footbike sub-forum... what with the phenomenal growth potential and enthusiastic new users... you'll soon overwhelm all the current forums you've posted to.

PaulH 03-04-08 03:12 PM

We should have told him to post in A&S. That would have been fun to watch.

Paul

The Smokester 03-04-08 03:16 PM

It seems that if I lived somewhere other than the US I would be clubbed for my posts. And why is that again?-----ohyea, because we are different, and you didn't like the message.

Sorry to invite you to my free space on this site. Sorry to make it look like I was reaching into your wallet. Sorry that your experience with Footbike started out like this!

Have a most excellent ride.

Okay. Let's test your sincerity...Please delete all your posts here. Thanks in advance.