Join Date: Jul 2000
Bikes: 1959 Capo; 1980 Peugeot PKN-10; 1981 Bianchi; 1988 Schwinn KOM-10;
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
1) If the wheels do not spin true or if any spokes feel loose, the spokes need to be retensioned.
2) If your brake handle travel has increased significantly, your brake cables need to be retightened.
3) If your shift indexing is off, or if it is hard to get into low gear (rear) or high gear (front), your gear cables need to be retensioned.
4) If your handlebar, stem, or saddle is loose, you need to have a few bolts retightened.
5) If your cranks creak, their fixing bolts need to be retorqued.
6) If your chainring fixing bolts are loose, they need to be tightened.
If none of the above, keep riding.
"Early to bed, early to rise. Work like hell, and advertise." -- George Stahlman
Capo [dschaw'-poe]: 1959 Modell Campagnolo, S/N 40324; 1960 Sieger, S/N 42624
Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
Bianchi: 1981 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069