Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N+1 - What have I done?

I just paid a very low price for a Habanero Ti Team Issue frame. This after doing two 20 mile rides today (one on my S-Works Roubaix and the other on my Jamis Eclipse), and thinking that these are two very fine bicycles that should keep me happy for years to come. Geeezzz, how am I going to explain this to my, usually very understanding, wife? And, do I build it up with Ultegra nine speed or Dura Ace ten speed (I've got both component groups to choose from)? Now wheels, I'll have to think about that a bit too. I'm kind of partial to Mavic Open Pros on Ultegra hubs and Shimano Dura Ace 7800's. I should be thinking about my next ride, but now I'm preoccupied with visions of what this new bike will become. What have I done?
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bikes wear out - they get old- you exceed the capabilies of the bike. And you can also show the pic on this forum

Looks like I need a new mtb

Good job you have an understanding wife- or you will have after lots of flowers- meals out and a new car for her.

I'm still paying for the TCR in building her new pool. Got another month of it at least.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good show.

My Bikes
    Giant OCR2, Motobecane Fantom Trail, Specialized Hard Rock, Giant Nutra
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new frame! Hard to go wrong with Open Pro's on Ultegra hubs. Another good combo is Velocity Aeroheads on Ultegra hubs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BSLeVan View Post
    I just paid a very low price for a Habanero Ti Team Issue frame. Geeezzz, how am I going to explain this to my, usually very understanding, wife?
    Tell her you found it in the trash behind the bike shop.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.