User Tag List

My Bikes
    Specialized Tricross Comp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicest day of the year

I put in a quick 20 miles on some hilly local trails today. Trying to get used to ups and downs. Absolutely gorgeous outside. It has to be the best day of the year. Tomorrow promises to be just as nice so I am going to give a club ride a shot. I have never tried it but the concept is appealing. This is a 32 mile "weekend warm-up." It sounds like the pace is something I can keep up with and, if not, they have a clear cue sheet so I can bail without taking anyone out with me.
    Every man is, or hopes to be, an Idler. -- Samuel Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donheff View Post
    I put in a quick 20 miles on some hilly local trails today. Trying to get used to ups and downs. Absolutely gorgeous outside.
    Where did you ride?

I just did my usual commute, but it really was perfect weather. Would have been a lot nicer ride if there hadn't been a couple dozen cops converging near my commuting street.

My Bikes
    Trice Q; Volae Century; TT 3.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I just finished doing taxes only to discover that D.C. also has the nice weather we enjoyed for about seventeen minutes last weekend. Please make the most of both the good riding weather and our contribution to the local industry.
    George
    Laissez les bon temps rouler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice evening. In fact, I stopped of at a small ethiopian place on the way home from work and had kitfo on the porch.

Bike content: There are no parking spaces within a half mile of the joint. Would have been too much hassle if I had driven.

Paul

My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donheff View Post
    I put in a quick 20 miles on some hilly local trails today. Trying to get used to ups and downs. Absolutely gorgeous outside. It has to be the best day of the year. Tomorrow promises to be just as nice so I am going to give a club ride a shot. I have never tried it but the concept is appealing. This is a 32 mile "weekend warm-up." It sounds like the pace is something I can keep up with and, if not, they have a clear cue sheet so I can bail without taking anyone out with me.
    We promise we will be nice. Love to have new folks out for the Weekend Warm Up. Very nice group of people and first-rate ride leaders. Look forward to meeting you.....We don't drop anyone, so don't let that be a worry.

Tim
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    --Ben Franklin

My Bikes
    2008 Trek Madone 5.5, 2009 Cervelo R3SL tdf edition, Cervelo R5 with Di2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to take the afternoon off. It was too nice to stay at work and fight about computer code...

63 miles on the good old boring W&OD, but it was still fun. I wore shorts and a short-sleeve jersey for the first time this year, and naturally managed to catch a pretty good sunburn.

What a great day!

I may have to do it again tomorrow

My Bikes
    Specialized Tricross Comp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    Where did you ride?

I just did my usual commute, but it really was perfect weather. Would have been a lot nicer ride if there hadn't been a couple dozen cops converging near my commuting street.
    From Capitol Hill (DC) down to the Mall, pacing 100 dump truck drivers blowing their horns for cheaper gas. Across Memorial Bridge and over to the Custis Lee Trail which has a variety of short hills running for about 4 miles down to the W&OD trail in Virginia, over to Shirlington, VA for lunch on the W&OD for another 4 miles, and then back thru the same route.
    Every man is, or hopes to be, an Idler. -- Samuel Johnson