Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Narrow mens cycling shoes?

Are any mens cycling shoes made in narrow widths?

the dog ate my earbuds KirkeIsWaiting's Avatar
    My Bikes
    '05 Litespeed Siena Campy, Bridgestone X03 , Peugeot dream bike gets FIXED, Waterford Campy Record Colbalto, Motobecane Tandem in perfect condition, A Belgium made Bertin that was sent by an angel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the diadoras seem to run narrow.
    Litespeed Siena, Campy
    Peugeot U010, Deep V's in orange and fixed
    Bridgestone X03 - the beer bike
    Waterford R2200, Campy Chorus/Super Record Cobaltobrakes
    Motobecane Tandem - Craigslist find
    Belgium Bertin. an angel spared it and sent it my way.
    Fuji Folding 4130 Mountain bike - Marlboro edition trash find
    Specialized HR -A1, latest trash find (who throws bikes out??!!)

My Bikes
    '04 Giant OCR2, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour, '92 Trek 820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a B width and my Specialized shoes fit well. Don't know if that holds across the brand.

You basically just have to try them on. It's a PITA, and pretty much makes online/catalog purchases impractical.
    '04 Giant OCR2|'87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion (6,129)|'92 Trek 820 MTB|'85 Schwinn Super LeTour
    "People who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who are nearly half people and half bicycles." - Flann O'Brien, The Third Policeman

Lurker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to check into the Sidi Genius 5 Narrow. Nice shoes for narrow feet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have come to the right place. Have the same issue and have contributed much $ to a shoe testing fund to find something that works. For reference I wear a mens 9 C width with a A/B heel. The heel is where I have most problems. Assume you are talking road shoes here.

Nike - Although they have annonced an exit from cycling products the shoes are still out there. The ones made by DMT, ie. high end shoes run narrow. You will need to do scambay to find what you want. Hautacam, Altea II are cut narrow. Nike Lance models are a bid more boxy in the toe and wider at the heel in the same size.

Sidi - Makes a narrow size in several models. Genius 4 narrow is what I have tried and it is narrow and runs small in length. If you are 43 or less in shoe size the Sidi Womens shoes are the way to go. Have a pair of Mt. Sidis in womens size 43 that fits great.

Diadora - wider than the above but still work. Need to go to a LBS to try them on as they tend to run all over the size landscape from model to model.

DMT - They don't fit like the Nikes even though they made the higher end shoes for Nike. Wider, a bit.

Specialized - Pro Carbon in a 42 works where a 43 Sidi is almost too small. I would say they are a medium cut.

The heel is the main problem for me. I have had to use those little heel inserts that you glue to the inside of the shoe to take up some room on Diadora, DMT and some Sidi's. The womens specific shoes are made on a more narrow last and if you are again under a size 43 you may want to check them out. Ya you might take some greif from your riding buddies over the girlie colors but I will take that to get a shoe that fits.

If this is your inital foray into road shoes, go to several good LBS and try on as many brands as you can. Don't be upset by the high prices of good cycling shoes, they seem to last a very long time. Good luck and post your findings as it is quite possible I have missed something in the narrow shoe arena.

My Bikes
    1974 Schwinn Super Sport, 2003 Trek 7500FX and 5500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wear 11.5 AA in a street shoe.

I have 2005 Specialized BG Comp Road Shoe and just got a pair of Sidi Genius 5.

I had to put a thicker insole in my Specialized, but the length was dead on. The US size scale on their website no longer matches the one on the tag inside the shoes.

I really like the Sidi's. They are narrow, especially in the toe box and a little short in length. Maybe a 1/2 US size. BTW, the ratchet strap is adjustable to keep the logo (widest part of the strap) in the center of your foot and to keep the tab from dragging the ground when walking!

I can actually wear a thin cycling sock now!

My Bikes
    Not enough
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought all bike shoes were narrow -

Only ones will fit me are shimano and and I need to buy Sidi Mega's. 4EEEE
    **Fate is a fickle thing, and in the end the true measure of a person is not fate itself, but how they master it**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Thanks to all of you for your help. I'll start trying shoes on tomorrow or Sunday.

Lee