Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Early Birthday Ride

Four 50+ riders today, two on fixies!. We did 108 mi, 4k+ ft climbing and 16.8 avg. I should have done 114 mi (2xAge), and in May, but I'm pretty booked in May, and this seemed close enough. Burning 6,000+ calories allowed room for a more than adequate recovery meal.

A cool, overcast, windy day in Central NJ, but other than the wind, pretty ideal conditions for an extended ride.
    "It could be anything. Scrap booking, high-stakes poker, or the Santa Fe lifestyle. Just pick a dead-end and chill out 'till you die."

rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One ride and you just about equalled my mileage for the year! Sounds like a god ride .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impressive stats. I would guess 6000 calories would indeed allow for an ample recovery meal. So, spill the beans, what did you have?
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife likes the salads at Macaroni Grill, so when she got off work, we went there. I had most of the loaf of bread w/ olive oil, an order of crab-stuffed mushrooms, veal parm w/ spaghetti, and a couple glasses of Merlot. This morning I weighed the same as yesterday morning, so I guess there is balance in the world.

Will go to the gym tonight for a little light spinning and stretching. The weather is supposed to be spectacular this week in central NJ, so I'm going to try to get out when I can the rest of the week.
    "It could be anything. Scrap booking, high-stakes poker, or the Santa Fe lifestyle. Just pick a dead-end and chill out 'till you die."

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on a cool birthday ride.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith