Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cyclo-CORE training programs.... ????

Does anyone have any experience or comments on Cyclo-CORE?

Check it out: http://cyclo-core.com/

Ol' Paint
    My Bikes
    90s(?)Bianchi Advantage, '68 Raleigh Grand Prix, 80s(?) Raleigh Gran Sport mixte, '95 Schwinn Clear Creek, '88(?) Fuji, '69 Schwinn Flyer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have specific experience with this program, but just looking at what was presented on your link it doesn't look to be significantly different from umpteen other exercise and nutrition programs that are available, many for free at your local library or available for much, much less elsewhere. I am very leery of the bottom line (expensive!) and hawking nutritional supplements (more ongoing expenses!), but I'm a skeptic by nature. A nutrition and exercise program I have found helpful is the Abs Diet from Men's Health/Rodale (again, available in book form at your local library). I am a believer of a varied balanced, moderate diet combined with vigorous, varied, regular exercise. If you want a starter online program for core strengthening, try this link that I found on BF some time back --
    http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cm...?articleid=486
    -- this or something like it will definitely tweak the core if you do it regularly (and its free.) Do your own research and try different things (don't get in a rut! Mix it up and keep your body surprised.) You'll find what's best for you. And of course, ride, ride, ride!
    p.s. to paraphrase: Eat food, mostly vegetables, not much
    "In my cathedral,
    colored glass holds no candle to
    sunlight through trees."
    -- Leon Briggs

My Bikes
    Terraferma 650b, Mondonico SL and ELOS, Masi Gran Criterium, Trek 610, Breezer Liberty, Georgena Terry Classic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ticwanos View Post
    I don't have specific experience with this program, but just looking at what was presented on your link it doesn't look to be significantly different from umpteen other exercise and nutrition programs that are available, many for free at your local library or available for much, much less elsewhere. I am very leery of the bottom line (expensive!) and hawking nutritional supplements (more ongoing expenses!), but I'm a skeptic by nature. A nutrition and exercise program I have found helpful is the Abs Diet from Men's Health/Rodale (again, available in book form at your local library). I am a believer of a varied balanced, moderate diet combined with vigorous, varied, regular exercise. If you want a starter online program for core strengthening, try this link that I found on BF some time back --
    http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cm...?articleid=486
    -- this or something like it will definitely tweak the core if you do it regularly (and its free.) Do your own research and try different things (don't get in a rut! Mix it up and keep your body surprised.) You'll find what's best for you. And of course, ride, ride, ride!
    p.s. to paraphrase: Eat food, mostly vegetables, not much
    I agree in principle, ticwanos, especially since a lot of Cylocore stuff seems to have been put into Bicycling's fitness articles. But motivation is a major factor in exercise, and sometimes signing up is what gets a person moving.

Great link, thanks!

Road Fan

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might be worth asking about on the Road Forum.....if you dare.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer