Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    My Bikes
    2010 Cannodale Hi Mod Synaspe, 2010 Sram Force, Mavic Kysirum SL Premium, Brooks Swallow 2011 Giant TCR Advanced SL Black Mavic SL Premiums, Full Sram Force, Fizik Aliante Carbon 15.33 lbs of pure adrenalin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What other hobbies do you enjoy?

I play bluegrass mandolin/fiddle,tie trout flies and really enjoy fly casting. Lp

My Bikes
    Parlee Z-4 2001 Fisher Sugar 1 Macalu Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 4 or 5 guitars here at the house, but mostly play my acoustic instruments. Got a nice mandolin and dobro which I have yet to take the time to really learn to play. I ski (xc freestyle) 40-50 days in the winter. Wife and I both like to backpack but have not been out ij a couple of years. Slowly been setting up a shop for some wood working here as well.
    Have you been to Merle-fest?
    And you know that notion just crossed my mind.

Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have these threads every once in awhile. It is fun seeing what eeryone does besides bicycling.

For me:

Very active in disability issues, moderate several disability related listservs. Here are a few:

Founder of the National Organization to end the Waitlist (for individuals with developmental disabilities.

http://www.noewait.net

Founder and moderator of a local parent's disability advocacy group

http://members.aol.com/padcoweb

A member of the steering committee to "End the Colorado Waitlist" for individuals with disability issues

Founder and leader of a male a capella gospel singing group, invited to sing this summer in a major gospel fest in Calhan, CO

http://members.aol.com/xyzingers

http://www.gospelgrass.com/08_RMSGG.html

Leader of bicycle rides for seniors in our town of Parker

Sing and play guitar weekly for an Alzheimer's home (with my wife)

I am a "roadie" and web master for my wife's singing group:

http://members.aol.com/kindredsingers

weight lifting, swimming and walking.
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 05-02-08 at 10:28 AM.
    Almost gone from the 50+ forum. - Email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for another fun new group of 50+ folks

My Bikes
    Giant TCR Comp 1 Road Bike, Specialized Mountain Bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Acoustic Guitars, Photography, Motorcycles, Sailboat, Travel

My Bikes
    2002 Lightspeed Classic; 2010 Pedalforce RS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Occasionally I quit reading BF long enough to do some stained glass:

My Bikes
    1959 Capo; 1980 Peugeot PKN-10; 1981 Bianchi; 1988 Schwinn KOM-10;
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    classical music (attend concerts, opera, ballet; play piano)
    visual arts appreciation and support (my wife is an oil painter and president of a local art guild)

nutrition and fitness

environmentalism
    local politics
    teaching (two courses per year at UCSD Extension)

home improvement
    automotive maintenance and repair (DIY makes VW and Audi ownership affordable )
    (Zen and the art of) bicycle maintenance and repair
    "Early to bed, early to rise. Work like hell, and advertise." -- George Stahlman
    Capo [dschaw'-poe]: 1959 Modell Campagnolo, S/N 40324; 1960 Sieger, S/N 42624
    Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
    Bianchi: 1981 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
    Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roadie, MX racer, Reading (especially engineering journals and technical magazines,) watching old movies and reading Military History of U.S.M.C.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

Community Guidelines, the FAQ is off line right now:http://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html Read this sometime, it can answer a lot of gripes and save you from some assumptions.

My Bikes
    2010 Cannodale Hi Mod Synaspe, 2010 Sram Force, Mavic Kysirum SL Premium, Brooks Swallow 2011 Giant TCR Advanced SL Black Mavic SL Premiums, Full Sram Force, Fizik Aliante Carbon 15.33 lbs of pure adrenalin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you been to Merle-fest?[/QUOTE]

I just got back. Its the best music festival in my neck of the woods by a long shot. It goes on for 4 days and 3 nights. The jams are great. Some really talented folks there. The kids really blow me away with their talent. The last couple of years the mandolin contest has been won by a 15 or 16 year old kid!

North Wilkesboro is 1.5 hrs from the house.

If you really enjoy traditional acoustic music you should try to attend at least once. Lp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These keep me busy... and my acoustic collection (I don't have a photo of them on my computer).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Music of all types. I play OT clawhammer and stroke-style minstrel banjo as well as autoharp and sing bass in the church choir and with an occasional bluegrass group. I've been an amateur radio op for 45 years and also enjoy shooting, both ****** and mil-surp *****s. Other vices include old tractors and Jeeps.

el padre
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Antique truck, the one we had on the farm when I was a kid...am fixing it up, which is taking years. A working antique WD-45 Allis-Chalmers tractor...for hay rack rides and other light work. Maintaining the cabin not so close to the lake, where these are kept.

My Bikes
    1976 Apollo Mk IV, mid-'80s Miyata touring bike, mid-'80s Miyata mtn bike, 2007 Trek 6500 mtn bike, 2008 Trek Madone 5.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Acoustic guitar (and a bit of electric), x-country skiing, hiking, photography.

When I retire I would love to get into wood working.

Guitar is a constant and x-country skiing takes the place of cycling during the snow months. Hiking comes and goes and photography is what I made my living from for about 20 years, both teaching and doing, before the digital age. I'm just starting to get into digital photography.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At the present time my hobby is biking. When I'm not riding I'm maintaining or building bikes. When I'm not doing that I'm searching for parts to buy to maintain or build bikes. When I'm not doing that, I'm reading forums and reviews for information on what parts to buy to maintain or build bikes. When I'm not doing that I'm at work earning money to buy parts to maintain or build bikes.

Sometimes I stop all that so I can find some time to study bicycle design so I will know more about buying parts, maintaining and building bikes.

I need a hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Classical music performance (community symphony orchestra), vocal music, stargazing, xc skiing.

Scott P
    Bend, OR

My Bikes
    1976 Apollo Mk IV, mid-'80s Miyata touring bike, mid-'80s Miyata mtn bike, 2007 Trek 6500 mtn bike, 2008 Trek Madone 5.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbycorno View Post
    stargazing,

Scott P
    Bend, OR
    I'd love to get a nice telescope. I just use binoculars now at our country cottage on starry nights. Doesn't it ever boggle your mind when you realize just what you are gazing at? I just can't wrap my brain around the times spans and distances involved.

My Bikes
    Mobiky, PBW, Jim Redcay, old Chicago Schwinns
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play competitive Scrabble. Started in 1983, about 15 years after I started bicycling. My peak ranking was 31st in North America.
    http://cross-tables.com/results.php?p=1998
    In 1987 I did a solo transcontinental North American bicycle tour with stops for Scrabble tournaments in Durango CO, Seattle WA, St Louis MO, and Toronto ON. I've also bicycled to many other tournaments, up to 600 miles from my home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like water sports--scuba diving (only in warm water, one or two weeks a year) and kayaking (easy flat water stuff).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not yet 50+, but I like y'all best on these forums. Hope you don't mind if I join the fun.

Kayaking, gardening, very elementary bluegrass mandolin, cooking, French (movies, books, conversation when I can find it).

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see we have a few mandolin pickers here. If you have not already check out www.mandolincafe.com
    Its nothing but a bunch of great folks with a lot of appreciation for a cool instrument.

Pretty cool that we have so many musicians here. Lp

My Bikes
    Randonee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fly Fishing & Traditional Archery
    F Thomas

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I love about busy bicycling folks is that they are busy folks in all that they do.

We have a very unique collection of individuals in this forum. Far above average in all respects.

Nobody around here is just sitting in the old rocker!
    Almost gone from the 50+ forum. - Email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for another fun new group of 50+ folks

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love to fish. Ice fishing is my real passion. Going out 10 miles on frozen Lake Erie, fish in a shanty, and pulling a big walleye out of a 8" hole is like .... sex... maybe? (you'd have to be there) I can spend more $ on fishing gear and "must have stuff" than I do on biking, well maybe it's 50/50. The reason I'm "Allegheny Jet", named used on fishing forums, is because we have a family cabin in PA on the Allegheny River and we have a jet boat that can to go thru 4" of water at 30mph. The river is wide and shallow in spots which a boat with a propeller can't reach. The area is also one of the best places in the world to ride a bike, if you like curvy mountain roads, trees, fresh air, paved rail trails and Straub's beer.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cycling, DIY tube audio, started piano as a complete noob in January, and home brewing. That last one makes coming home from cycling all the more enjoyable. I've also dabbled in telescopes and model railroading but neither of those have been on my radar for a few years now. Add to that a full time job, 3 kids 15, 11 and 11, and I have my hands full.

But with all of these extra activities, cycling is still number 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Birds (raptors and parrots), nature photography and videography, and hiking (these go together) Also free diving, sailing, and kayaking. Downhill skiing in the winter. I used to be involved in aerobatics and hope to get back into it someday.

Paul
    Last edited by PaulH; 05-02-08 at 11:02 AM. Reason: added stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Montara Mountain Boys

I have more guitars than is probably healthy
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast