Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am being watched

To be exact, my TREK auction is being watched by 66 people with 24 hours to go. I spent way too much time restoring an 82 TREK but it came out very nicely. I did my obligatory commute to work and it rode fine - another bike I'd keep if I didn't have one for each day of the week already.
    I wonder if 66 watchers will equate to a bidding war? I could use bike funds.

On other news my son got a silver medal in an informal fencing match today - his first match.

My light metallic blue Lotus fixie is almost complete - I'll post pictures shortly. I only have to remove the freewheel off the flip side of the rear wheel, change the rear tire, and install the lock ring.
    Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to your son.

What's the auction # ? I'd love to see the bike and be watcher 67.

My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Congrats to your son.

What's the auction # ? I'd love to see the bike and be watcher 67.

I tend to price higher after working too long on a bike or if I enjoy riding it too much
    I watched a comparable bike go for $570 with shipping and priced mine so that it'd be free shipping at that price. $1 off shipping from every increment of $3 bid price from the reserve price to the BIN price [with a Zefal HP 4x pump thrown in at BIN].

My real quandary is how much to ask for the pristine fully tricked out Peugeot U08 and the custom frame by Alan Shorter (of London) with full Campy I'm restoring. I hope to take them to the Classic/Vintage Bike show on June 8 in Leesburg VA. I told my son he can have 50% of the profits until we break even, then 100% [excluding bikes]. That way I can spend some time shopping for myself
    Korval is Ships

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robtown View Post
    On other news my son got a silver medal in an informal fencing match today - his first match. .
    Congrats! My kids fenced for a couple of years and really liked it. It's a cool sports, and very safe -- I saw a lot more kids banged up on the soccer field than I ever saw hurt in fencing (in fact, I never saw a kid get hurt fencing).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice bike, well presented with detailed description and photo's. I'm glad it's too big for me, otherwise I'd be tempted to jump in. There's something about old Treks that appeal to me, especially steel framed old Treks, especially 531 steel framed old Treks. I don't think the reserve is too high, but I don't know the market that well.

I'd trade my firstborn child for a early '90's 660 frame, bright white with red lettering, 53cm.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Very nice bike, well presented with detailed description and photo's. I'm glad it's too big for me, otherwise I'd be tempted to jump in. There's something about old Treks that appeal to me, especially steel framed old Treks, especially 531 steel framed old Treks. I don't think the reserve is too high, but I don't know the market that well.

I'd trade my firstborn child for a early '90's 660 frame, bright white with red lettering, 53cm.
    With that avitar, you'd trade your firstborn for..............................

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the compliments on the TREK.

I finished the Lotus fixie and she's a beauty. A bit heavy at 22 lbs but she still has the freewheel and the current saddle is quite heavy. If I can get enough time before heading out tomorrow [fetching my daughter from VA Tech] I'll post pics.
    The sad thing on the fixie is I'll have to charge $350 just to clear $!00 - and thats with several free donor parts [frame, pedals, crankset, and handlebars]. I could have made that selling the parts.
    Korval is Ships