This month's Bicycling Magazine in 30 seconds:
- David Byrne rides bikes. Always has.
- We hear that Shimano is coming out with two new Dura-Ace groups, but we don't know what they are.
- There's a pretty cool bike shop in New Hampshire.
- Want to win your next race? Think positive. Focus. Don't get stressed.
- Here's a weight loss tip we might have shared in past issues: eat less. Exercise more. Another good way to lose weight is to ride on your lunch hour, because you won't have time to eat if you're riding.
- If you learn to descend and corner faster, you'll be a faster rider.
- The Netherlands are (is?) a better place to bike than the US of A. Places we especially don't like in the U.S. include Dallas, Memphis and Miami.
- You'll stop better with good, clean, unworn brake pads. Another tip: grease is good.
- Since we don't have the budget to write about custom bikes, we decided to host a "special advertising section" consisting of 10 pages of ads from custom bike makers. Elsewhere in the magazine, we feature the 11 best bikes in America. If you can tell the difference between our ads and our reviews, you win!
Behind in your reading?
Here's May's issue:
I read Bicycling Magazine so you don't have to (May edition)
I read Bicycling Magazine so you don't have to