Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    1976 Apollo Mk IV, mid-'80s Miyata touring bike, mid-'80s Miyata mtn bike, 2007 Trek 6500 mtn bike, 2008 Trek Madone 5.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Total elevation gain: zero, zip, nada, nothing

Here's a photo from my Sunday morning ride. It was a route in the farming country just off the island of Montreal on the South Shore. Farmers have not yet started working the fields so there was nothing but last year's corn stubble. We could see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks similiar to most of the farmland in my area. It can be tough when you're fighting headwinds and don't have anything to hide behind
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes a perfectly flat ride is just what one needs. Last month I was riding through the rice fields in our area where big tractors were stirring up huge clouds of dust that covered the road. I had to ride through two of them. As I approached a third, the tractor driver saw me, stopped, and waited for me to go by, unencumbered by the dust. We waved. A nice moment. Of course, today, a guy in a pickup passed us at about 70 on a 45 mph road, giving a steady honk all the way, ending with giving us the finger. I guess it takes all kinds.
    Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades

My Bikes
    1976 Apollo Mk IV, mid-'80s Miyata touring bike, mid-'80s Miyata mtn bike, 2007 Trek 6500 mtn bike, 2008 Trek Madone 5.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly View Post
    It can be tough when you're fighting headwinds and don't have anything to hide behind
    Luckily the winds were light for most of the ride, but were brisk by the end. Being in a group like that really helps, of course. We covered 73 km, not a lot, but I'm not in shape, yet, so my legs were tired for the last 10 km. The stronger riders were happy to pull the rest of us.

el padre
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is nice to have people pull you along... for me that simply means accompany me and keep me on task, that be enjoying the ride.