Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
Results 1,501 to 1,523 of 1523
    My Bikes
    Trek Madone, Trek 6700, Gary Fisher Hyb.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The recovery will take a little longer for sure. The week before I do 2-3 easy rides, 20-30 miles, with a few sprints. After I stretch my body. Enjoy

My Bikes
    2014 Cervelo R5 DA Zipp 202s 2012 Scott CR1 Team, 2012 Scott Metrix 10 Hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As posted in Rides Today, first time didn't get dropped in group 48 miler. Winds 20 MPH but averaged 20.4 South with wind and 19 for entire trip.

Been working with trainer and seems to help. Hooray! What a feeling to ride like the wind with a supportive group.

Ed

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami Biker View Post
    As posted in Rides Today, first time didn't get dropped in group 48 miler. Winds 20 MPH but averaged 20.4 South with wind and 19 for entire trip.

Been working with trainer and seems to help. Hooray! What a feeling to ride like the wind with a supportive group.

Ed
    Congrats-good ride.

My Bikes
    Roubaix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turned 65 yesterday but couldn't ride because we were driving home from a camping trip at the coast. I do plan on a ride today on my new Specialized Roubaix. We were able to feast on abalone over there because my lungs are in such good shape from biking that I was easily able to get a limit free-diving to about twenty feet.

My Bikes
    Cannondale Synapse '06, Mongoose titanium road bike '00--my commuter. Yes, Mongoose once made a decent ti road bike.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I've ridden 148 miles since I turned 65 a little over 2 weeks ago. Last week I retired. Cycling for me has just been reborn.

Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the "club".
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    Cannondale Synapse '06, Mongoose titanium road bike '00--my commuter. Yes, Mongoose once made a decent ti road bike.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Welcome to the "club".
    Thank you. It's funny that no matter how old you get, you're still the youngest in some sort of group.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubic View Post
    Well, I've ridden 148 miles since I turned 65 a little over 2 weeks ago. Last week I retired. Cycling for me has just been reborn.

Enjoy, after I retired I have spent a lot of time on bikes with other senior riders. A good way to keep fit and mine active.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As a cyclist, you're going to like being retired. It's much better than the old tired.

My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. It's funny that no matter how old you get, you're still the youngest in some sort of group.
    I know what you mean. When I was in Atlanta I wore this jersey because I was usually the oldest rider. Now that we've retired to FL, I'm usually somewhere in the middle of the pack. I may start wearing it again next December when I turn 70.

My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just keep it up it pays great dividends. I have been riding 30 plus years and still enjoy the experience; mental and physical.

Currently living in Oakdale, CA about 20 mi. NE of Modesto in the hot central valley.
    My Bikes
    Surly LHTD with a YAK trailer. I may have to ditch the trailer and go to panniers but I'll give it a try and see what happens.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm retiring next year at 72 and a X-county ride is in my plans. There's no use in plopping down in an easy chair and getting planted (6 ft. under) in five years or less.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did a century yesterday on my fixed gear bike. hot, humid and windy. And flat. I found out "flat" for long distance at constant effort on a fixed gear is harder than riding through rollers!

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, if it would just quit raining, so I could get a ride in. Time is short so I just might go ride in a little rain today

My Bikes
    2014 Cervelo R5 DA Zipp 202s 2012 Scott CR1 Team, 2012 Scott Metrix 10 Hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowzette View Post
    did a century yesterday on my fixed gear bike. hot, humid and windy. And flat. I found out "flat" for long distance at constant effort on a fixed gear is harder than riding through rollers!
    Very impressive and congrats.

No riding for a week while spent time in lovely Michigan. Ann Arbor to see my wife perform, to Royal Oak with friends, to Grand Haven with family and finally to Niles with family. Home tonight and hope to ride tomorrow for a short 40, legs willing. Best to all Dads.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. Miami I wouldn't have "impressed" you today-lol. That ride last Saturday really wore me out. I didn't realize it until Sunday evening and Monday. Took off all last week except easy 1 hour rides on the trainer Tuesday and Wednesday. Rode my geared bike today with the Usual Suspects on the Saturday Fast Social (misnamed) Ride. I did fine to the half way store stop and then limped home with my tail between my legs all alone It's going to take another week to recover. No Go Juice in the legs and body. And no more long efforts in the heat and humidity by this old buzzard. Fifty/sixty miles will be my limit until it cools off. Today was 53 miles-half having fun and half getting to smell the roses solo.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did my usual 35+ mile route today.
    On my way to the Withlacoochee Trail some young hot shot (appeared to be mid-50s or younger) shot past me at a blind intersection where I'd stopped to check for traffic. Reminded me of the idiots in Atlanta who think cars will always stop for them regardless. Anyway, he stayed about 50 feet ahead of me until we got to the 6% grade hill. I passed him like he was standing still before we were half way up the hill. He finally caught up with me about a mile down the road, again when I slowed at an intersection where I could see traffic "blocking" the crossing. He shot past me again. I guess I'll see him as a hood ornament one of these days.
    Kids.

My Bikes
    2013 KHS Flite, 1998 Trek 800
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I guess 68 gets me in. It is going to be a 100 here today. Think I will leave the bike in the garage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I count the time I spent in the womb so I am 70. Is there an upper limit here.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadrunner View Post
    Well, I guess 68 gets me in. It is going to be a 100 here today. Think I will leave the bike in the garage.
    Why not do what many of us FL folks do and leave early (6AM, 7AM) for your ride? That way you're home before it gets REALLY hot.

My Bikes
    2013 KHS Flite, 1998 Trek 800
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, I have tried the early morning thing a few times, but since do still work, I felt a little cramped for time. Just didn't seem to enjoy the ride like I do in the afternoons. Most days, I get off at 3:00 PM, and am on the road by 3:30 and have until whenever to stop. Just like the freedom.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're posting in the 65-85+ thread and you still work!!

Currently living in Oakdale, CA about 20 mi. NE of Modesto in the hot central valley.
    My Bikes
    Surly LHTD with a YAK trailer. I may have to ditch the trailer and go to panniers but I'll give it a try and see what happens.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    You're posting in the 65-85+ thread and you still work!!
    I'm still working at 71 but this is my last year and next spring I'm off on a cross country jaunt.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061