Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Young'ns Thread (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/418282-youngns-thread.html)

solveg 05-14-08 07:10 PM

Young'ns Thread
 
Everybody is welcome to post here. We're inclusive, because we know that everyone is young at heart.

Tom Bombadil 05-14-08 07:19 PM

This thread is too syrupy sweet.

solveg 05-14-08 07:22 PM

Like THAT will last.... I just thought I'd give the ol' pendulum a push in a positive direction before all heck broke loose.

Little Darwin 05-14-08 07:27 PM

You like me... You really like me!!!! :D

solveg 05-14-08 07:57 PM

Yes!

Now we have to think of something to talk about. Sigh.

solveg 05-14-08 08:36 PM

1) I like my Scott Cheyenne better than my Atlantis.

2) Horseback riding hurts worse than bike riding.

3) Possums are the ugliest roadkill.

Tom Bombadil 05-14-08 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solveg (Post 6696487)
1) I like my Scott Cheyenne better than my Atlantis.

:eek::eek::eek:

Quote:

Possums are the ugliest roadkill.
They make up for it by being so tasty.

cranky old dude 05-15-08 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solveg (Post 6696487)

3) Possums are the ugliest roadkill.

Ya sure they were dead?:D

Digital Gee 05-15-08 01:35 AM

When can we order jerseys? :innocent:

aqua4her 05-15-08 04:24 AM

I tossed and turned all night worrying about this whole divisive age thing going on here.

Over the last 2 days I've ridden 62 miles and wondered if that would qualify me for an "I've almost ridden their age in two days." post. It was such a relief to awake to the this Young'ns Thread.

The Weak Link 05-15-08 05:09 AM

"Young at heart" is a loathsome expression. It invariably translates into "old coot".

I'll have none of it.

maddmaxx 05-15-08 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Weak Link (Post 6698043)
"Young at heart" is a loathsome expression. It invariably translates into "old coot".

I'll have none of it.

Ok then...................your a middle aged coot!

solveg 05-15-08 07:16 AM

Wow! A thread called loathesome AND syrupy sweet! My job is done!

Beverly 05-15-08 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solveg (Post 6696487)
1)
3) Possums are the ugliest roadkill.

I prefer them over skunk roadkill:eek:

qcpmsame 05-15-08 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beverly (Post 6698510)
I prefer them over skunk roadkill:eek:


Especially if the oppossum is still nice and warm or the asphalt is keeping it good and hot, burrrrp:innocent:.

Bill

JanMM 05-15-08 07:29 AM

My obsessive summertime fear is that a ripe, swollen, several-days-dead raccoon will be run over by a car and that I, riding along in proximity to the car and raccoon (minding my own business) , will be sprayed with hot roadkill juices!

Timtruro 05-15-08 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solveg (Post 6695985)
Everybody is welcome to post here. We're inclusive, because we know that everyone is young at heart.

Let 'em get their own damn forum, with their rap music and tattoos, they have not respect because they are too busy eating junk food and playing game boy. :notamused:

Timtruro 05-15-08 07:34 AM

[



3) Possums are the ugliest roadkill.[/QUOTE]

has anyone ever sen a live possum??

BluesDawg 05-15-08 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timtruro (Post 6698637)

has anyone ever sen a live possum??

Yes. And if you think they are ugly when they are dead in the road...:twitchy:

qcpmsame 05-15-08 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timtruro (Post 6698637)
[



3) Possums are the ugliest roadkill.

has anyone ever sen a live possum??[/QUOTE]

Usually when they are racing an armadillo from the road side to underneath a car or truck tire to see which one can get a tire track over them first.

Bill

Road Fan 05-15-08 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aqua4her (Post 6697986)
I tossed and turned all night worrying about this whole divisive age thing going on here.

Over the last 2 days I've ridden 62 miles and wondered if that would qualify me for an "I've almost ridden their age in two days." post. It was such a relief to awake to the this Young'ns Thread.


I'm 54, you've already ridden my age in 2 days!

SKYLAB 05-15-08 12:38 PM

Can't we all just get along? I'm gong over to the 55 1/2 forum. Maybe I'll find I have something in common with those good folks.
Never trust anyone over 56!!

stapfam 05-15-08 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYLAB (Post 6700763)
Can't we all just get along? I'm gong over to the 55 1/2 forum. Maybe I'll find I have something in common with those good folks.
Never trust anyone over 56!!

Just what I keep saying- Youngsters have no respect for their elders.

Now go to your room and read your comics---and NO supper.

swan652 05-15-08 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timtruro (Post 6698637)
[has anyone ever sen a live possum??

Usually late at night when I walk out onto my back porch when the lights are off and I least
expect it. :eek:

Hobartlemagne 05-15-08 03:55 PM

Im only 34, but my curmudgeonly attitude fits in well around here


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:11 PM.