Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy to use and read cycle computer advice

Am going to sell my Trek Incite 11 wireless cycle computer. It drives me crazy. If I stop for more than 5 minutes it shuts down. Fine, makes sense. But, if you accidently push the wrong button, it dumps you out and you lose all the current ride info. Then you have to wait for it to reset which is a long time (miles). Also, since my new frame will NOT be a Trek (the frame goes too) with the slot in the fork for the transmitter, I need something else.

So I am looking for an easy to use and easy to read computer that gives distance, speed and time. I still want wireless but want something less touchy.

One more thing, anyone out there know if there is any difference in release angle between Shimano SPD-SLs and Look Keo?

TIA

Cinelli ProBestOf / Parlee Z5 / '89 Cinelli SuperCorsa / Look 585 Optima - all Campagnolo
    '85 Swiss Cilo / SingleSpd 44x18 for fun / Electra Techino's for city riding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as this sounds like a broken record, get a CatEye Micro. They have what you want, I can read it while riding, its easy to set up, and it is bomb proof. My wife also has one and she never takes it off her bike, rain, snow, sun. it has never failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leob1 View Post
    As much as this sounds like a broken record, get a CatEye Micro. They have what you want, I can read it while riding, its easy to set up, and it is bomb proof. My wife also has one and she never takes it off her bike, rain, snow, sun. it has never failed.
    Say you stop for a bit. How long before it goes to sleep? How do you wake it up? Does it ever erase your data?

Cinelli ProBestOf / Parlee Z5 / '89 Cinelli SuperCorsa / Look 585 Optima - all Campagnolo
    '85 Swiss Cilo / SingleSpd 44x18 for fun / Electra Techino's for city riding