Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 05-19-08, 01:09 PM   #1
jmel7771

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Easy to use and read cycle computer advice

Am going to sell my Trek Incite 11 wireless cycle computer. It drives me crazy. If I stop for more than 5 minutes it shuts down. Fine, makes sense. But, if you accidently push the wrong button, it dumps you out and you lose all the current ride info. Then you have to wait for it to reset which is a long time (miles). Also, since my new frame will NOT be a Trek (the frame goes too) with the slot in the fork for the transmitter, I need something else.

So I am looking for an easy to use and easy to read computer that gives distance, speed and time. I still want wireless but want something less touchy.

One more thing, anyone out there know if there is any difference in release angle between Shimano SPD-SLs and Look Keo?

TIA
jmel7771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 01:18 PM   #2
leob1

Bikes:
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
As much as this sounds like a broken record, get a CatEye Micro. They have what you want, I can read it while riding, its easy to set up, and it is bomb proof. My wife also has one and she never takes it off her bike, rain, snow, sun. it has never failed.
leob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 01:35 PM   #3
jmel7771

Bikes:
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leob1 View Post
As much as this sounds like a broken record, get a CatEye Micro. They have what you want, I can read it while riding, its easy to set up, and it is bomb proof. My wife also has one and she never takes it off her bike, rain, snow, sun. it has never failed.
Say you stop for a bit. How long before it goes to sleep? How do you wake it up? Does it ever erase your data?
jmel7771 is offline   Reply With Quote