User Tag List

My Bikes
    Raleigh SC30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bolder Boulder tomorrow

Last year I was going to the gym pretty regularly & a gal I met there was talking about the Bolder Boulder, she suggested that I should do it. Now this is a 10K event with over 50,000 people running, jogging, walking, & I didn't think it was something I could do. I don't run because of three back surgeries but I do like to walk so the more I thought about it the more I thought; why not? Just something else I can tell the grand kids, plus it is a very big event, I think it is one of the biggest 10K races. So I signed up as a walk/jogger & had a blast.

What really impressed me is you end up in CU's football stadium & they have a parachuter from each branch of the military fly in, then they honored someone that had been in one of the wars & he had a short speech. Then they had a fly by with the jets & that was SOOO COOOOL!!!!! Then they have the pro's do there run after all that.

Tomorrow is the 30th year of the Bolder Boulder & I'm looking forward to it being my second year of participating. I am honored to be in one of the military waves (No I am not a vet, they just put me there) so there will be a group of guys & gals from the military in uniform walking/jogging with me.

I just want to say; thanks to all the men & woman that have served & thanks to those that are serving our country now.
    2007 Specialized Roubaix

My Bikes
    Raleigh SC30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I MADE IT!!!!!
    Beat my time from last year by 4 minutes. This year it was overcast, cool, rained a little (drizzle) so you didn't have to worry about overheating.

I was 30,559th and my time was 1:17:20 for the 6.2 (10K) miles. My ankle was giving me trouble at the start & I was afraid it was going to be a long 6.2 miles but it got better & I finished. The last I heard there were 53,000 people running/jogging/walking.....
    2007 Specialized Roubaix