Thread: Bah Humbug.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bah Humbug.

Project at dead end..............terminated.

The last of the aerobars are off the White Rabbit. It was me, not her but the relationship had to end as this party was decidedly unhappy. I don't know if it was my lack of ballance (old age related) or the fact that I spend most of my riding time on the MTB on backwoods dirt but me........and the aerobars.........not the best of friends.

But................wait just a minute.................I just got back from a 20 mile road ride on a drop bar equipped TT frame and it was the best time that I ever had on a road bike. Don't ask why, but it fits like a glove and rides like a dream. Yes, my head is about 1" forward of where it should be when I am all the way back on the saddle.......feels great there. I could get to like this road thing. This is the bike I'm taking on vacation to Cape Cod. It's got a set of cyclocross levers on the top bar for use when riding in traffic and around pedestrians. The bar is down lower than any I have ever ridden before and it still feels good.

The next thing I'm going to tell you is that I may resign as the coordinator of Membership Motivation for Club Tombay. The clipless pedals are coming off also........ and I'm going to like it. Pardon me now............I'm going to go for a second ride and have some fun.

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There ought to be a law about using jargon associated with one holiday (Bah, humbug!) on another holiday. It's way too early to begin thinking about Christmas, although I do have most of my shopping done.

Anyway, what was the topic again?
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee View Post
    There ought to be a law about using jargon associated with one holiday (Bah, humbug!) on another holiday. It's way too early to begin thinking about Christmas, although I do have most of my shopping done.
    Why that's downright un-American! And on Memorial Day weekend too. You should be utterly ashamed of yourself. Go to your room!

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DG's back off his sojourn. Back to plague us with his inane statements and back to keeping the brain cells working trying to work out what he is saying.

Welcome home DG- We haven't missed you at all. Whens the next holiday? Or is that why you are going on about christmas already?

And the Aerobars- Good job they are off the bike.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep..........brand new Welgo MG-1 platform pedals on the way (Red.........or Christmas colors for my white bike. See OCP and a grouchy old bas^^^^ all in one). Club Tombay slowly fades into the sunset!

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you going platform for all your bikes? Why?
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    Project at dead end..............terminated.

Don't ask why, but it fits like a glove and rides like a dream.
    That's better than "fits like a dream and rides like a glove."

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    Yep..........brand new Welgo MG-1 platform pedals on the way
    YEAH! Now you're talking!
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    That's better than "fits like a dream and rides like a glove."
    I had read all the posts on this thread several times and couldn't understand a damn word. Thanks for straightening things out for me.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Travis View Post
    I had read all the posts on this thread several times and couldn't understand a damn word. Thanks for straightening things out for me.
    That's the only part I was able work with too. If two perfectly sane individuals like us can't understand it...well...what can I say? I think Maxx is messin' with our heads. Poor Mrs. Maxx.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You probably can't understand my ramblings because I don't either.

I just haven't been all that happy with my riding or even building lately so I'm just poking the pendelum off center to see if it will land in a better place. Riding the road bike today was fun although in hindsight I might have been slightly nuts to go out on the road on Memorial Day weekend. We've already had bikers mowed down by a drunk this weekend. (early in the morning no less)

With regard to pulling the clipless pedals off this one bike, I'm getting ready for vacation season and beach/tourist traffic and I'm just tired of sudden dismounts or stops due to wandering people on foot or in cars. I even installed an extra set of brake levers (cyclocross style) so I could idle through crowds.

Sorry all for rambling but I'm just sort of tired these days. I need a couple of weekends in the woods when everyone else stays home.

Yen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh???
    Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Surly Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, heh, I hear ya Maxx. I was out riding today (Sunday) too. Lots of cars even in the country but everyone seemed to behave themselves, which is rare. I'm not going to chance it Monday.
    Hang loose, man.