2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joining BSLeVan

I need a break too.

I am tired of being categorized.

I'm harmless and try hard not to offend -- AND -- I enjoy a laugh now and then. Apparently that offends some. So be it.

I don't get why we have to have all these rules about where to post, what to post, how to great new comers, etc. other than common sense. When it gets into rules and regulations, I get frustrated. But that's me, not anyone else, and YMMV. So rather than push the river, I'll let it flow by itself. Makes things a lot simpler.

And for all of you who think I post too much and wander off cycling topics too often, you can relax.

I'll come back when all this hullabaloo settles down once again. As it will. As it always does. Meantime -- ride on!
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeez, it's just an internet forum. Sometimes things get misundertaken. It ain't no big thang.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't stay away for long Deeg.

Don't let anyone here get you down. My take on this forum, and others, is that I'm here to read, learn, and say what I want to say. I try to maintain a sense of humor, I almost never insult someone for real, I almost never want to make anyone feel bad, but if someone can't take a joke, then basically my take is that I'm not going to worry about it.

Likewise if someone takes a shot at me. Almost anytime you make a statement in a public forum, you assume a risk that someone will reply negatively. That just how some people are. I don't worry about it. I advise you to not worry about it. If I say something and get 9 positive responses and 1 negative, I'm not going to let the one negative bother me. I just ignore it. People are entitled to their opinions and I'm entitled to determine if I value that opinion.

One tactic I employ is to not worry about getting in the last word. I make my statement and then if anyone takes objection to it, I evaluate that objection and determine if it requires a response. Some do, some don't. There have been many threads wherein I have stated my opinions and then stopped reading the thread. Don't even know if anyone responded and frankly didn't care. I see the threads continue on, but I have no curiosity about how it went after I said my peace.

Don't let others get you down. You have many friends here, who enjoy chatting with you. I say focus on these. If someone doesn't like your posts, then tough. They don't have to read them. Mind your that I don't think people should try to offend others, which I know you do not. The forum can be many things to many people at the same time. Not all threads need to conform to anyone's interpretation of what they think the forum should be ... not even my interpretation!
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As one who has done his share of bowing out -and look! I'm still here- I'd say, you come, you go, whatever. It changes nothing and the forum will be what it is -whatever that is- with or without you.
    Go. Don't go. Read but don't post. Whatever works for you.
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaiKaiTai View Post
    A...you come, you go, whatever. It changes nothing and the forum will be what it is -whatever that is- with or without you.
    Go. Don't go. Read but don't post. Whatever works for you...
    Ahhhh. Master SKT has discovered, and now generously reveals to us. the Chi of 50+.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah: DG don't go; or at least don't go for long.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, OKAY!

I admit it.

I did vote to throw DG off of the island last year. A vote which I lost by something like 40-2.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's YOUR fault. Hmmph. *points*
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

My Bikes
    06 Co-Motion Tandem, Fuji Team Pro mine,-Hers, Specialized Dolce
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee View Post
    I need a break too.

I am tired of being categorized.

I'm harmless and try hard not to offend -- AND -- I enjoy a laugh now and then. Apparently that offends some. So be it.

I don't get why we have to have all these rules about where to post, what to post, how to great new comers, etc. other than common sense. When it gets into rules and regulations, I get frustrated. But that's me, not anyone else, and YMMV. So rather than push the river, I'll let it flow by itself. Makes things a lot simpler.

And for all of you who think I post too much and wander off cycling topics too often, you can relax.

I'll come back when all this hullabaloo settles down once again. As it will. As it always does. Meantime -- ride on!
    I get busy, don't visit this forum for a few days, and see this. I missed what set this off but for my two cents worth I think if you need to step back for a little perspective then by all means do it. I enjoy your posts. I don't post much but I read a lot. Sometimes I start a post and by the time I get to the end of it I think who really cares what I think anyway and wind up deleting it. You, on the other hand, just go ahead and say it. Take a break, then come on back. Whatever it was that caused your disconternation will eventually blowover. One thing you can always count on in this forum is the inconsistent constancy.
    Last edited by cgallagh; 06-14-08 at 09:39 PM.
    Two blondes walked into a building-You think one of them would have seen it.
    2006 Co-Motion Roadster 2006 Fuji Team Pro, 2005 Specialized Dolce Comp, 2008 Orbea Diva (Red Riders Baby-"The Avocado")
    Custom Simonetti (thanks Steve)

el padre
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    + 1 on this previous post... I too do not post much but enjoy ALL ...I mean ALL the people who post on here So when you come back to read the forums I hope you see that we are all normal with ups and down. Peace
    I get busy, don't visit this forum for a few days, and see this. I missed what set this off but for my two cents worth I think if you need to step back for a little perspective then by all means do it. I enjoy your posts. I don't post much but I read a lot. Sometimes I start a post and by the time I get to the end of it I think who really cares what I think anyway and wind up deleting it. You, on the other hand, just go ahead and say it. Take a break, then come on back. Whatever it was that caused your disconternation will eventually blowover. One thing you can always count on in this forum is the inconsistent constancy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh come on. We all know that you have to unpack the Lady DG and get your mancave in order. Have fun. See you on the rebound.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.