Thread: Birthday Ride

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Birthday Ride

My actual birthday isn't until next Thursday but I have to work that day...and that Saturday has already been screwed up with a special project at work that has to be done ALL night Friday night so I did my ride today. I decided on a metric century because 51 miles didn't seem like enough and I have been wanting to do this one for a while now. So, 63.65 miles later it was done. And that's when I decided my bike, which I have suspected to be too big for me for some time, is causing me issues with my back. I went down to my LBS and started looking around. I was looking at a Trek Madone 4.5 and decided to look at another LBS. Well later on I started thinking more and more about it and went back for a test fit on the Madone...and it was love. Needless to say I have increased the stable with another ride...and as I updated my sig line it occurred to me that I was buying a bike a year! I suppose that is satisfying the N+1 quotient nicely.
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually.
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!

A Metric instead of an age ride *AND* a new Trek Madone!

That's an impressive double.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double congratulations MM, and happy birthday.

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Gentlemen. I only have a couple of miles on it but I think it will fit the bill nicely. Tomorrow I'll get it out a give it a good sorting out.
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually.
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark