Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   It just doesn't seem appropriate (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/430859-just-doesnt-seem-appropriate.html)

SaiKaiTai 06-17-08 08:38 PM

It just doesn't seem appropriate

I've been noticing some encouraging signs of improvement over the last week or so and I was all excited about that but with the news of our own bad boy Blues Dawg today, I just don't feel like posting anything happy. It just doesn't seem appropriate. I'm pretty bummed.

big john 06-17-08 08:48 PM

I know what you mean, SKT, and I had a similar feeling, but I'm sure BD wouldn't want you to stop posting good stuff. I mean, I figure he posted his story because he knows people here care about each other. Maybe he'll come on and give you some crap about it.:)

swan652 06-17-08 08:53 PM

I'm not much of a conversationalist (as my posts bear witness to) and I certainly don't have the right words to brighten up a room, but if there were ever a time for this community to post something lighthearted and cheerful, now is the time. Just sayin'. Insert oppropriate smiley here.

Siu Blue Wind 06-17-08 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by SaiKaiTai (Post 6898477)
I've been noticing some encouraging signs of improvement over the last week or so and I was all excited about that but with the news of our own bad boy Blues Dawg today, I just don't feel like posting anything happy. It just doesn't seem appropriate. I'm pretty bummed.

Try not to be bummed. I don't think he'd want you to be like this. It's hard, yes....but i think with a lot of positive (and funny) postings it just might cheer him up. :)

tsl 06-18-08 07:59 AM

Something that's helped me tremendously is the understanding that it's my expectations that cause the problem.

Having the expectation that cycling is a panacea is the problem here. No one ever said that cycling prevents cancer. Doesn't cure it either.

Even within the area where cycling provides the most health benefits, cardio, stapfam's experience and that of a member of my club with hundreds of thousands of miles, shows that it doesn't prevent coronary artery disease either. It may mitigate it, but it doesn't prevent it or reverse damage already done.

Cycling is helpful overall, SKT. Your own experience shows that. But it doesn't prevent cancer, (or coronary artery disease). Expecting that it will is what makes BD's news seem inappropriate.

will dehne 06-18-08 08:18 AM

Life goes on and it does with or without us.

All we can do is do our best.

BluesDawg 06-18-08 08:28 AM

Hey, lighten up! I want to read about people having fun. :)

swan652 06-18-08 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by BluesDawg (Post 6900766)

That's what I'm trying to tell them! :bang:

qcpmsame 06-18-08 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by BluesDawg (Post 6900766)

SKT,
That reply should tell you something, The DAWG wants us to go frward and be positive. Here's to many posts and discussions to go with the prayers and positive energy in the 50+ gang.

Bill